Search results

1. Ken-The-Orc

Xaphoon aka the bamboo sax

Yeah, I want to make one of those sometime. I love that video! I play xaphoon. Pulling out a carrot and making it sound cool would blow a few minds, I think. :) I wonder what a zucchini might sound like.
  2. Ken-The-Orc

I own one of the black plastic ones. I absolutely love it. I've been using a "Harry Hartmann Carbon Fiberreed Tenor Saxophone Reed." That eliminates the warm up time needed with a cane reed, and I dig the tone. Mine cost $70.(+$40 for the reed!) I didn't think that was too pricey. I've...
  3. Ken-The-Orc

That's actually what I have to be careful of when I play. There is a lot of potential to bend the pitches. You can easily play a whole step off and hit the right note with the wrong fingering. It is best to master the correct fingerings, and learn to use the bending for expressiveness...
  4. Ken-The-Orc

Damned right about cats! Mine's a yowler and doesn't appreciate the competition. :)
  5. Ken-The-Orc

Please Help Identify This Instrument

I agree that it could be a xaphoon or a similar instrument. I play one (Plastic Maui Pocket Sax) using a synthetic reed, and the tone quality does sound very much like what I'm hearing. It is definitely a reed instrument. The alteration of tone could possibly be due to the use of a synth...
Back
Top Bottom