Search results

1. Nice sounding mouth piece for Yamaha YCL-255?

I would love to try both, but living in a country area, clarinet stuff is only by mail. Regarding the Selmer C85 Bb Clarinet Mouthpiece, the 2 options are 115 medium & 120 wide. Other then the physical difference what is the difference between the two?
  2. Nice sounding mouth piece for Yamaha YCL-255?

Thanks heaps for your advice and thoughts. It's a gold mine of information. On the Selmer C85 Bb Clarinet Mouthpiece there are 2 options, 115 medium & 120 wide. Im guessing its the air intake component? As Im new, what would be best for the future playing sound? Also, on a personal note. My...
  3. Nice sounding mouth piece for Yamaha YCL-255?

Thanks very much for your thoughts. My teacher is a school student learning clarinet too. Im not 100% sure she has the full experience as she does contradict advice on this forum. Don't get me wrong, she has certainly launched my interest and got me on the right trail, but in a country low...
  4. Nice sounding mouth piece for Yamaha YCL-255?

What are peoples experience with upgrading the mouth piece on a Yamaha YCL-255 Bb? I know it is a low introduction model, but I would like to upgrade to get a better sound. Even if it's an expensive one, I can use it on a more professional model down the track. Is a quality ligature something...
  5. Its gross but spit blocking the reed?

Im finding I can play 2 lines or 2 staffs of music with a smooth sound, but the sounds starts to sound sort of bubbly and the reed/mouth piece is getting spit build up in it. The clarinet is facing down, and I am playing it normal volume. As soon as I stop and suck back through the clarinet and...
  6. What is the difference between a student clarinet and a professional one?

Other then $$$$'s, what is the difference between a student clarinet and a professional one? Is there a noticeable audio quality difference between the different levels of clarinet? If there is a difference in audio quality, can anyone hear it, or is the difference only visible to the trained ear?
  7. How long should pads last? And should I repad or buy a new clarinet?

I bought a 2nd hand Artley, and thought I would get new pads to give myself the best chance of success. I called a leading clarinet repairer in Adelaide (South Australia) and they quoted $400 to replace the pads. It costs me $200 to get my car serviced! My teacher played the clarinet and said...
  8. Fingering differance for F & G Major scales.

I'm not sure what went wrong but I posted a reply yesterday but it has not appeared on the thread! I suspect it was the links. You are a great help. To confirm I have understood you correctly, are these the correct scales and fingering for each major? C major (add www)...
  9. Fingering differance for F & G Major scales.

Thanks very much everyone. I "think" I have it sussed out, well certainly back on the right track. Just confirming I have understood you correctly, I'll share these links for a visual confirmation. C Major Scale http://www.squirrelheads.org/clarinet/Clarinet_C.gif F Major Scale...
  10. Fingering differance for F & G Major scales.

Im new to clarinet, new to the whole music scene and my teacher is away for a number of weeks and I live in a remote location . Octives, sharps & flats Advanced apologies for perhaps not using the exact terms. I understand the C major scale is open G, F, E, D, C, B, A, G and these are achieved...
  11. Im very new, but a mouth piece question.

Thanks very much for your comments and thoughts. My teacher is away for a few more weeks and Im chafing at the bit. I have found by adjusting the ligature to a certain position and tension it has just about eliminated the squeaking. I just set aside a few hours with no expectations and just...
  12. Im very new, but a mouth piece question.

I have an Artley 18s (no idea what the 18s means!) but it squeaks a lot. Im using a 2 reed. I played a really old Yamaha roughly 35 years old and I played it well with zero squeaking and the notes were very crisp. I played the yamaha for 20min and my music experience and confidents jumped heaps...
  13. New to Clarinet

Hi, Im new to learning the clarinet. I have no music history. I had my first professional lesson yesterday but teacher has gone on holidays for 4 weeks and Im hanging out with 2 questions after my first private practice today. I have a Artley Bb, #2 reed. My notes to learn are C, D, E, F & G...
Back
Top Bottom