Search results

1. JazzMystic

Sheet music inquiry

If the notes aren't tied together there are places to take a quick breath. Be fast and keep the flow of the music as mentioned above.
  2. JazzMystic

Philly company digitizes 25,000 old records and they're free to download

Listening to those recordings you could hear "Popular" music advancing in many different styles developing harmonies rhythms and melodies based on good theory not just "Beats".
  3. JazzMystic

Hey. Everyone in the paths of the hurricanes OK?

Good to hear that a fellow musician and his Big Horns are doing fine.
  4. JazzMystic

How to Become Great at Just About Anything

We need to be practicing the right things or we might develope habits we try to correct later. Good teachers help direct our efforts.
  5. JazzMystic

Jazz Music Matters...new facebook website page.

Jazz Music Matters Is a new website page on facebook sharing creative designs and other things with jazz musicians. More things will be added often so check back to see what's new. Thanks ... enjoy.
  6. JazzMystic

New Woodwind Player T-shirts

Hi fellow woodwind players. Ive designed some new T-Shirts for woodwind players who dress to impress. Check out the catalog on amazon. Shop DN Rhythm
  7. JazzMystic

I dropped my sax ...

Glad to hear that your horn has been repaired. My tenor had a dent that affected my low notes until I had it fixed.
  8. JazzMystic

Easy Bebop Method book updated.

"Easy Easy Bebop" 2nd Edition - Bebop licks and phrases put into words. I have updated the paper back book with larger Fonts and Graphics. This version is easy to share and read on music stands and pianos. The eBook Kindle version has been updated also. Sample Pics updated at website...
  9. JazzMystic

Major Selmer Gallery Update to Bassic Sax Pix

With my Selmer VII tenor I can put on a Hite hard rubber mouthpiece (I modified myself) and sub with Ben Webster. For the newer brighter sound I put on my Berg Larsen and hang with S.Rollins, D.Gordan W.Felder etc. Once again I must say that the "Basic Sax Pix" is a great resource. I see pics of...
  10. JazzMystic

Yeah I noticed that after I hit send. I figured people would know I ment VII and you did. I write out alot of music 251, 36251, 123-5 etc. I have to catch myself with those 1s from time to time. At the time I had enough money to get a VI tenor, but got a VII tenor (new). I have big hands so the...
  11. JazzMystic

That website is a good resource. I have a Selmer MKV11 Tenor without engraving. I see in the pics that the earlier V11s did have engraving. Nice to see.
  12. JazzMystic

Check out my kickstarter - sax stand

That sax stand and a nice shiny horn will impress many people. I like nice well kept horns and your product will highlight saxophones.
  13. JazzMystic

"Jazzy New Year" Something I designed for musician's new year party.

"Jazzy New Year" Shirts "Saxy New Year" Shirts Teespring New Years Shirts for my fellow musicians. I wanted to share these with everyone while they are still able to ship before the new year. Enjoy.
  14. JazzMystic

Playing Music or Practicing Music?

Steve I like your vesatility. I also like to keep the music fresh and the transposing moving. I spend so much time teaching theory and writing things out for students that I have to be careful not to neglect my repetoire. I know I'm slipping if I forget a few notes here and there of my...
  15. JazzMystic

Playing Music or Practicing Music?

Playing Music or Practicing Music? It's said that "Practice makes Perfect". Also there is a real joy in "Playing Music". Questions: 1 Do you spend most of your time playing songs and solos? 2.Do you spend most of your time practicing exercises? 3.Do you equally practice exercises as much...
  16. JazzMystic

Keeping The Beat

Music has truly advanced along with some teaching and conducting methods. As for rather odd varying rythms and meters sometimes you can't think 1-2-3-4 etc. For example Steve Coleman might tell you something like: Long-Short-Long Long-Short-Long Short-Short-Long...etc. and that...
  17. JazzMystic

Keeping The Beat

It's easier than one might think 3/4 6/8 Lean/Tilt downbeat only Left 2-3 Right 2-3 or Lean /Tilt downbeat only Left 2-3-4-5-6 or 5/4 Lean/ Tilt downbeat only Left 2-3-4-5 Right 2-3-4-5 The lean / Tilt (Downbeat) becomes the pulse and focus. It's still based on Left...
  18. JazzMystic

Keeping The Beat

For students needing help with timing and tempo, I have them stand up and march in place.Many marching band players have good timing because of the stepping. Left-Right-Left-Right, they feel the down beat foot and upbeat foot.It can be 1-2-3-4 or 1and 2and 3and 4and. The result is a quick...
  19. JazzMystic

G# Sticking - Tried Everything except changing the pad

BG Pad Dryers. Good for drying pads after playing so they don't stick.
  20. JazzMystic

I have to give up the clairnet and sax

Just as listening to music is used as therapy, physically playing musical instruments works wonders for healing. Playing our favorite songs (the pleasant and happy ones) promotes well being. When unable to play sax Iate at night I play some quiet things on other instruments. If we can't play our...
Back
Top Bottom