Search results

1. 1950s Buffet Crampon Bass Clarinet a good buy?

Thanks, so many woodwind techs working on saxes and flutes, not many know the inside out of a clarinet, let alone a Bass Clarinet. Hopefully the repair costs don't total to more than 500.
  2. 1950s Buffet Crampon Bass Clarinet a good buy?

So it just arrived today, Looks like the Low Eb keys was bent (the part that closes the hole has stopped working, so when I press down the low Eb key it does not budge. Overall I'm suprised in what good shape the wooden body is. I can see the brown wooden tone color of the wood throughout as...
  3. 1950s Buffet Crampon Bass Clarinet a good buy?

Was this old Buffet Bass a good buy? https://m.ebay.com/itm/272842017330 Only got it for $999 Seems to have all the parts, the neck piece looks strange and compact. What are your thoughts on this Bass? Which model would this one be?
  4. Selmer Paris Bass Clarinet 1969 Full Boehm

Up for sale is a Selmer Paris 1969 Bass Clarinet with the Full Boehm system. All pics are here, https://postimg.org/gallery/36hecx1mo/ Bass Clarinet only! No mouthpiece, strap or stand is included. Had some keys repadded (only the ones that needed them), Bass plays great and the response is...
  5. Anyone ever try the Kessler&Sons Second Gen Low C Bass Clarinet?

Now that's good to hear, I'll call Dave up. Thanks a lot guys. Just needed some opinions and past experiences with those Kessler Basses.
  6. Anyone ever try the Kessler&Sons Second Gen Low C Bass Clarinet?

I know Low C models coat significantly more, it's just that Kessler doesn't have an Low Eb model quite yet (or never will). Plus the rubber plastic body of their Bass should be lighter than the heavier wooden bodies of other Basses. Would it be possible to stand with a Low C with a neck strap...
  7. Anyone ever try the Kessler&Sons Second Gen Low C Bass Clarinet?

Official page is here, https://www.kesslerandsons.com/product/k-custom-low-c-bass-clarinet/ Anyone ever tried these Basses? I've read a few reviews and so far they have all been favorable and at 2k only it seems to be a great deal. Many people prefer wooden bodies over hard rubber bodies but...
  8. My new Selmer Paris Bass Clarinet

If anyone has the piece I can just try it myself, I can manually screw it in by hand.
  9. My new Selmer Paris Bass Clarinet

Amazing tips, this has all been exciting for me! I've tried a Vandoren B45 and so far it worked out great for me, more control in the upper register and it works better with my 2.5 strength reed. I just ordered one 3 days ago. I need one more thing for my Bass, so the horn came to me without...
  10. Looking for a decent Bass Clarinet for 3k and under.

Wow thanks a bunch!
  11. My new Selmer Paris Bass Clarinet

Sorry, this forum went down the other day and I wanted to give an update to my situation. I got the Selmer worked on at my local tech here in NYC. Had some repadding, recorking and adjustments done. Only thing it's missing is the lyre holder which is unnecessary, the other thing that I...
  12. Looking for a decent Bass Clarinet for 3k and under.

Sorry, this forum went down the other day and I wanted to give an update to my situation. I got the Selmer worked on at my local tech here in NYC. Had some repadding, recorking and adjustments done. Only thing it's missing is the lyre holder which is unnecessary, the other thing that I...
  13. My new Selmer Paris Bass Clarinet

Hello, replied to your post on my other thread on marketplace, This one doesn't have a strap or peg, would it be too heavy to just hold it and stand without either support items? Never handled a Bass before.
  14. Looking for a decent Bass Clarinet for 3k and under.

The bass has not arrived yet, it should deliver on Monday, I'll let everyone know how it plays and if I could have someone play test it for me. Thanks.
  15. My new Selmer Paris Bass Clarinet

Thanks again, I'm totally new to clarinet and even woodwinds in general, I've been learning about which mouthpiece and Reed I should get. Didn't know I would have to deal with all this option anxiety coming into woodwinds! So bought myself a Ridenour E203 Encore Mouthpiece Vandoren Cork Grease...
  16. My new Selmer Paris Bass Clarinet

Well, I bought what appears to be a Selmer Paris model 33? Can anyone confirm this and if this horn is missing anything? (of course aside from mouthpiece, reed, strap, ligature?) What about the engraving? http://www.ebay.com/itm/361990261338?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
  17. Looking for a decent Bass Clarinet for 3k and under.

Well, I bought what appears to be a Selmer Paris model 33? Can anyone confirm this and if this horn is missing anything? What about the engraving? http://www.ebay.com/itm/361990261338?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
  18. Looking for a decent Bass Clarinet for 3k and under.

Looking for a nice decent vintage Selmer Paris 9 or other Bass Clarinets with double register key vents for 3k or under.
  19. Leblanc LL Bass Clarinets?????

You've been a big help, thanks for the info! Unfortunately just like buying many other instruments online, I'm unable to test before I buy. I beleive the one I asked about is not what I'm looking for anymore.
  20. Leblanc LL Bass Clarinets?????

Thanks a lot True Tone, So I asked the seller about it, he says there's a register key on the neck but appears to only lead to one vent. Could it still be possible that a 1969 LeBlanc LL Bass Clarinet from 1969 to have the extra benefits of a double vent register system? I wanna make sure...
Back
Top Bottom