Search results

1. What are you Listening to?

King Curtis playing "What is This Thing Called Love?" from In a Jazz Groove album.
  2. Surprised by an old Bundy

Re: Plateau system clarinets Vito made a plateau version of the Bb soprano 7214 clarinet. KHS Jupiter has/had one. Healy did too. Normandy ditto. They're not rare, though considering the age of this thread, they're probably not so popular.
  3. Oboe: Date of manufacture?

Where Can I Get a Cross Reference of Serial numbers to date of manufacture? I've got a Selmer Signet oboe that's in near-perfect condition. I had a
  4. Why Bb?

GREAT question! There were/are the octave clarinets that were tuned to C and Ab. The Ab is tuned to a minor 7th above the Bb. There were the piccolo Eb and D clarinets that belong/belonged to the piccolo clarinet family. But the story of the clarinet's evolution is a dark one, full of mutants...
  5. Buffet B12, Equivalent or Similar help?

Pete, This is the link to Phil Pedler's post. The comment is FAR from revelatory: http://www.clarinetpages.net/plastic-clarinets/accent This is my understanding of the Vito 7200 series: The Vito 7212 has no bell ring The Vito 7213 has a bell ring The Vito 7214 (pre-LeBlanc acquisition) had...
  6. Be still my beating heart...

I quit playing with guitarists years ago, especially with guitar-dominated rhythm sections. I'll probably take some heat for this, but most young guitarists are time-wasters. Back in the 'eighties, I led a five-horn horn section. I wrote the horn arrangements from the record. When the entire...
  7. Buffet B12, Equivalent or Similar help?

Phil Piedler commented on his clarinet blog that the Conn-Selmer/Artley Accent is the same instrument as the Buffet B-12. I am not sure of that, but if price point is an issue, that might be a good start. It is a better-than-decent plastic instrument. Other plastics that I've liked are the Vito...
  8. How to clean urine from clarinet

Re: Homeowners' Insurance have a $500.00 deductible on vandalism, so it looks like you'll be stuck for paying for the repair. However, there may be some sort of clause for breaking and entering that might cover the damage. In any event, report it to your insurance company so that you're covered...
  9. Bundy Wood Clarinet

The instrument is in good condition except for the pads. The case actually looks new (emerald green). The latches look like more contemporary latches, but the catch isn't a round catch. It's a bent metal affair. There's nothing particularly remarkable about the keywork. The logo on the first...
Back
Top Bottom