Search results

1. Video: Is this a Tárogató?

Scott is amazing. I toured Hungary with him a few years ago with the World tárogató ensemble. One reason you wouldn't get one in preference to a decent soprano is that, unless you're Scott, it may well sound like a badly out of tune, very harsh soprano sax. :) Seriously though. learning the...
  2. Nothing More to Do?

I cam across the instrument below today and was reminded of this thread. https://www.fastcodesign.com/3068956/the-infinitone-an-entirely-new-musical-interface
  3. How do you Articulate? (breathe, tongue techniques)

Early clarinet tutors mention using both the throat and the diaphragm for articulation. They played with the reed on top back then so tonguing would have been more difficult. I've occasionally wondered whether it would be worth putting in some practice on these early techniques. Another...
  4. Really nice smell after service!

I've heard of people using orange oil and lemon oil on clarinets. Could that be it?
  5. Correct setup for pitch 442HZ

Just pull the barrel out a mm or whatever it takes to get in tune. Be glad you're not flat. That would be more difficult to cure.
  6. Looking at mics

I used to have a Zoom recorder but a different model. It was very good for recording to itself but I had a lot of issues with the driver when trying to use it as a USB mic. They may well have sorted those issues out by now, of course.
  7. Looking at mics

You'll almost certainly need a stand. The shock mount will be a thing that suspends the mic between elastic cords. You''ll need an audio interface with phantom power to connect it to the computer. Here are several to look at...
  8. What Kind of Clarinet Should I Get?

That's true of their saxophones but not their clarinets. B&H made their own clarinets up till about 1980 when they stopped production and bought Buffet Crampon. There are a few stencilled B&H clarinets from their later days (models 400 (amati) and 78 (selmer bundy)) but the vast majority were...
  9. Help Playing the Rose Étude #1 (from 32 Rose Etudes) for High School Audition

Don't forget that there is a rit written just before that bit. It doesn't start at full speed and continues to slow down throughout. You are playing the turns right.
  10. Easier = Not as Good?

It's an electronic version of this: http://www.chordmaster.org/ I would consider the clarineo to be a real clarinet. c.f any clarinet made prior to about 1830.
  11. Problem in playing E3 on G clarinet

To us it's a very soft reed but that's a standard setup for Greek and Turkish clarinet players.
  12. one note low

Play an open G (no fingers), put more and more mouthpiece in your mouth until it squawks horribly. Then back it out just a little. That's the right place for a clarinet mouthpiece.
  13. one note low

It depends what you mean by harder. The clarinet certainly has more back pressure than a flute but I think probably requires less volume of air. You may need a softer reed. You should probably get a teacher to at least show you the basics of the embouchure and to make sure the instrument is...
  14. Have a hard time playing high notes on Bb Bass Clarinet above high F

This might help. http://eddiesclarinet.com/eddiesclarinet.com/Bass_clarinet_articles&fingering_chart_files/Playing%20the%20Bass%20Clarinet.pdf
  15. Fake Selmer on eBay ... again

Here's one for $300.80...
  16. eBay's got quite a few rare US-made horns this week

What about this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/A-UNIQUE-ENGLISH-GRAFTON-VINTAGE-CATALIN-PHENOLIC-BAKELITE-CLARINET-/111893981949?hash=item1a0d66aafd:g:pkAAAOSwX~dWo8As £12K?
  17. Which instrument with reduced lung function.

I wouldn't have thought harmonica was ideal for lung transplant patients. You have to suck as well as blow and all sorts of bacteria will no doubt be living inside a harmonica.
  18. Vintage Noblet clarinet: What do I have here?

Sorry, but they count as large cracks IMO and they are very badly repaired making them difficult to repair properly. If it has cracked that badly the bore is probably warped and it will never play properly in tune again.
  19. Treble recorder thumb rests and recorder widths

If it were me I'd probably glue it permanently in place but I can understand why you might not want to do that. A less permanent solution might be double sided tape. There may well be recorders with a constant width but the majority certainly get thinner towards the bottom, as does the...
Back
Top Bottom