Search results

1. Equipment suggestions for improving intonation

A softer reed helps if I don't need to play in the upper altissimo. A strength #3 reed doesn't give enough resistance. I am experimenting with the amount of top and bottom lip pressure as well in addition to pulling out at the middle and adding tuning rings. I haven't fully solved the problem...
  2. Equipment suggestions for improving intonation

It is worse in the clarion. Although I tend to be sharp in all registers. clarion b and c are pretty stable.
  3. Equipment suggestions for improving intonation

It's mostly in the clarion register. I have tried pulling out at the middle joint more and it seems to help alittle but not drastically.
  4. Equipment suggestions for improving intonation

Thanks for your messages :) I am playing on the original 65 mm barrel. At the moment I'm playing on 3 1/2 Vandoren Blackmasters or 56 LaRue. The tip opening of my mouthpiece is 1.01 mm, with a 32 mm window and is 89 mm in length at it's most extreme tip. Any further suggestions?
  5. Equipment suggestions for improving intonation

I play a LeBlanc Concerto with a Brad Behn 101S* mouthpiece and have been struggling with playing extremely sharp even after my instrument has been adjusted. Does anyone have equipment or adjustment ideas that I could try?
Back
Top Bottom