Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Search results

1. Original Big Band Charts

Nice job for two rehearsals! Is this the cut that goes on the recording, or is the recording session in the future? If you have another chance, the practice to fix the intro will also fix the ending. I'm glad that most of the band liked the tune and arrangement. I also must admit that I've...
  2. Music Suggestions Wanted

I'm a big fan of Thad Jones charts. The interlude in Central Park North has a nice woodwind feature. Here's a link to a recent recording: http://www.emusic.com/album/One-More-The-Thad-Jones-Repertory-Band-One-More-The-Summary-Music-Of-Thad-Jones-Vol-2-MP3-Download/11284280.html I have...
  3. Original Big Band Charts

I'm glad to hear that the band liked my tune. I'd love to get a copy of the recording. The drummer at my rehearsal last night gave me some advice about improving the notation on their part, so I'll send you a revised copy once I fix it up. Roger, your Cottontail arrangement sounds like a lot...
  4. Original Big Band Charts

Gandalfe, I forgot to mention that in my chart everyone has changes for the solo section, and the solo isn't assigned to any one part in particular. The saxes have backgrounds while the brass can rest their chops.
  5. Original Big Band Charts

Can you take a chart for next week? I just saw the thread and need to get your email address for sending pdfs (PM soon to be sent).
  6. Spam from "LadyAdministrator"/"LadyROOT"

I received that PM too (as did a bunch of people, I suppose) and I didn't click on the link. Thanks for taking care of it. Perhaps I'll stop posting non-useful posts like this after my number of posts exceeds the number of prepared reeds that I typically carry in my case.
  7. SOTW's down. Are we currently Number 1?

I'll chime in if you're still interested in people who joined because SOTW was down (though now back). I wanted to send a PM and had noticed that I could reach the person here too. I'm hoping to continue to learn from both, and I'm going to point a flute player friend of my wife's in this...
  8. WF New People Introductions

Thanks, acglass. I've had several arrangements played by various big bands (none that you've probably heard of), but the recent performances haven't been recorded and the recorded performances are on cassette (shows my age), which I haven't managed to convert to mp3 yet. If you're in southern...
  9. WF New People Introductions

Hi all. I recently found the woodwind forum after a google search for some clarinet info. I've been a reader of SOTW for awhile but rarely post. I'm a longtime hobbyist player of clarinet and saxophone and have recently switched my self-description to "semi-professional" for clarinet and sax...
Back
Top Bottom