Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Search results

1. LampLight

Harry Hartmann's Fiberreeds

FINALLY !!!!! In stock at WWBW: Harry Hartmann Natural Classic Fiberreed Tenor Saxophone Reed So help me: I broke down 10 days ago and an ordered two (2) of them directly from Harry Hartmann. It's like lighting a cigarette while waiting for a bus (only much better for your health).
  2. LampLight

Pushing three months now and regrettably, Helen was right. :(
  3. LampLight

Kirk Whalum - "ASTWO"

Thanks. That's a very nice video. ... Now if you'll forgive me, I need to go work on my excuses.
  4. LampLight

Artificial Embouchure

Wow John. That is really quite impressive. One suggestion: Why don't you pump the air out of it and see if you can discover the electron. - No wait - that's already been discovered. :rolleyes: Kidding aside: Despite any imperfections that arise from having a less than perfect model, I...
  5. LampLight

How many WX5 players are here?

Another WX-er here. I use the WX5 and VL70m with the Turbo chip from patchman music. I sometimes like to fool around with the flute and brass sounds.
  6. LampLight

Sigurd Rascher

I'm in the early stages of working through the Toptones book. FWIW, my teacher says that there are valuable benefits from pursuing the study of overtones, besides actually playing overtones. The benefits are better tuning and intonation.
  7. LampLight

New Year's Musical Resolutions

A wise goal IMO. Thanks for starting this thread Gandalfe. It made me think about setting music goals for this year. In general, I want to be both a better improviser and reader. Now I need to set primarily quantitative or otherwise objective and specific goals for myself. These may remain...
  8. LampLight

I know you may be right, but I don't have an urgent need for a Fiberreed and WWBW has done well with my last few orders, so I'll give them some time.
  9. LampLight

NEWSFLASH !!! After reading/posting in this thread, I finally got around to doing something I've been toying with for some time: Trying to special order some Natural Classic Fiberreeds (in this case, for tenor and soprano). Harry Hartmann describes the Natural Classic as "The classic reed...
  10. LampLight

I had the same problem Helen, but I solved it by changing ligatures. I was trying a custom Mojo LAW LCD tenor mouthpiece, and the LAW ligature would not take the Carbon Fiberreed. A Francois Louis ligature worked fine. I don't remember if a Selmer 404 worked too. BTW, the Hartmann website...
  11. LampLight

Pardon me for butting in, but I believe it is Harry Hartmann. If you google "Carbon Toptone" you get some places such as this vendor that sell them as "Carbon Toptone" reeds, and others, such as this vendor, that refer to them by the name I am familiar with, i.e., "Carbon Fiberreeds". They are...
  12. LampLight

SOTW's down. Are we currently Number 1?

There can be reasons why backing up is not an option. As Al hinted at (post #75), sometimes there are external dependencies over which the forum has no control. For example, the SOTW host may well dictate what versions of database (mysql ?) or php can be run. That's why it's hard to appreciate...
  13. LampLight

I am somewhat deferential to Harri on this because only he has his full perspective. I understand bringing the forum back up for the benefit of the many and so as not to lose membership. I don't agree, but I do understand, and it's not my forum. What I don't understand is why we haven't...
  14. LampLight

It depends on whether you're playing in bright light or in a dark room where no one can see the finish. :rolleyes:
  15. LampLight

A Discussion About YAGE

Wow, you guys sure know how to make someone from SOTW feel right at home. :twisted: Al: Good to see you and your sharp wit again. Tammi: By all means chill out, but come back soon. Al is not your only fan!
  16. LampLight

The International Saxophone Symposium was this weekend, and that probably also lessened the flow of posts a little.
  17. LampLight

I'm not sure what exactly is back up again, but searching on LampLight still only brings back about 1 per cent of my posts and nothing newer than last December. :-(
  18. LampLight

Solid man. Good to see you too steen.
  19. LampLight

Spam from "LadyAdministrator"/"LadyROOT"

Thank you pete and saxhound. I'll let you know if my identity gets stolen (or someone will :twisted:). But seriously: Thanks.
  20. LampLight

Spam from "LadyAdministrator"/"LadyROOT"

Pete, I clicked on the link but did not click on anything while at the site. I closed my browser (Firefox), which I have configured to disallow persistent cookies unless I authorize them. I reopened my browser, cleared all unknown cookies and immediately scanned my PC with McAfee (full scan)...
Back
Top Bottom