Search results

1. MartinMods

18 Exercises, T. Berbiguier

....and to differentiate, close-miked studio/live recording is entirely different than playing live. The engineer is not concerned with how the instruments blend in the room, rather, what presence they have through his speakers in his sound field. They should be full-toned enough to sound good...
  2. MartinMods

While I think it's fine for the commercial orchestra (it matches the thinner/brighter sounding Wurlitzer bass clarinet and balances the edgier Caliccio-ish trumpets - I played Selmer BC) I would certainly use a conical bore instrument in a more critical classical setting, wood or metal.
  3. MartinMods

I don't think there are any significant deficiencies in the German recording qualities of the 80's, rather the VHS capture/digital conversion, and compression algorithms of today required for youtube video streaming.
  4. MartinMods

Tin maybe.....brass I think. Nothing special about it in that regard, though I did work on the embouchure hole. That added another $2000.00 value at least.
  5. MartinMods

Ahhh.... that's where the cylindrical piccolo comes in handy.
  6. MartinMods

Am I the only crazy clarinetist with 5 barrels?

You can make them out of 0.010", 0.020", 0.030" thick, acoustically approved plastic from the hobby shop. They have a nice little razor-tipped compass/circle cutter.
  7. MartinMods

You do exercises to expand your chest cavity/lung capacity. Fill it up. Relax to varying degrees and the air comes out with all the pressure needed for the flute embouchure's resistance.
  8. MartinMods

I mean you get some Muncy rings and rub a couple on sandpaper to make them thinner.
  9. MartinMods

Do you use "bel canto" or diaphragm support?
  10. MartinMods

...and my teacher, a Julius Baker disciple, made me play them all first completely slurred, then with articulations.
  11. MartinMods

Right, inside the barrel. You should get a few different thicknesses. A very thin gap can be just as bad as a wide gap, though in different ways.
  12. MartinMods

Wonderful studies. Focus low to play high.
  13. MartinMods

Why limit yourself? Do you use tuning rings to fill any eventual gap? Many here snicker at the idea. You might not notice the gap so much playing in a pit, but if you are sitting in front of a $3500 microphone and the guy sitting next to you in front of another $3500 microphone is using them...
  14. MartinMods

New Discovery - The Saxophone Is Conical

A real conical bore tenon is impossible to stretch I imagine. One would need to replace the receiver, but that's something Mr Wanne will have to deal with certainly.
  15. MartinMods

The next cool thing about this could be.............what's the advantage of designing your own horns and mouthpieces both?
  16. MartinMods

:-) An unimportant mm of the air column does not exist.
  17. MartinMods

What is your piccolo setup?

The solution is to have at least two piccolos.
  18. MartinMods

What is your piccolo setup?

Thanks. Dieter was writing as well as anyone in the industry. It was always interesting. Back to the piccolo - for any doubler thinking of getting into it. I'd really recommend a cylindrical bore.
Back
Top Bottom