Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

100 Years of Selmer Clarinets

Very Cool
The last page gives a list of all the Selmer clarinets from Radio Improved to the Saint Louis.

I was just over at the SOTW and the clarinet search is difficult because they don't have a clarinet makes and manufactures section.

It would be ever so nice if somebody over hear that is a Selmer expert gave the rundown on all or some of the makes they are familiar with.

Very Cool
The last page gives a list of all the Selmer clarinets from Radio Improved to the Saint Louis.

I was just over at the SOTW and the clarinet search is difficult because they don't have a clarinet makes and manufactures section.

It would be ever so nice if somebody over hear that is a Selmer expert gave the rundown on all or some of the makes they are familiar with.

Kind of like this ?
http://www.clarinetperfection.com/clsnSelmerParis.htm

Hi Steve
That's an awesome page.
Great work and thanks.

I've got a P10XX A clarinet. The speaker bush is a little different and it has a small hole in the bell to sharpen the low notes. My repair man said he'd never seen one on an A clarinet.

P Series - Centered Tone series - identifiable by a large hexagonal speaker bush (the body octave hole). Benny Goodman made these instruments famous. The Centered Tone bore changed through the years. Initially it was a cylindrical bore of 15.00mm to 15.10mm. The barrel was 66mm long and had a slightly wider 15.15 bore.
After the Q series the bore changed and continued on through the Series 9. The Q series brought along the change of longer upper and lower joints of approximately 5mm.
If you click on the brochure for a full page view you will notice the options you had with these clarinets. And another interesting note - the mouthpiece in the picture is a lower emblem mouthpiece - not the oval table (which has a middle body crest emblem - see the Mouthpiece gallery for pictures of these). So .. one would assume the Ovals came AFTER the introduction of the CTs.

Now, what about the rest of the harmony clarinets? I see data for the period up to about 1930, but nothing during the time period that I am interested in (post 1950).

waiting for you to provide all the information and pictures Terry .....

Back
Top Bottom