Dismiss Notice
I hate the colors. What do I do?

At the far bottom of the page, on the left, is a menu or link that says, "Forum Default." Click on that and choose a different Style.

1st new post in 7 days?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by retread, Feb 14, 2018.

1. retread

retread

Happy Valentines Day to any who may still be visiting this site.

Tags:
    Steve and TrueTone like this.
  2. saxhound

saxhound Moderator Staff Member CE/Moderator

Testing 1-2-3. Is this mic on? Test - test. Maybe a bad cable?

3. Tony Fairbridge

Tony Fairbridge Tony F

Loud and clear here in Oz. I wondered if the last person to leave had forgotten to switch the lights off.

4. gurzil

gurzil

If I reply, can I still claim to be lurking?

TrueTone likes this.
  5. Gandalfe

Gandalfe Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I have a lot of students who use this site as a research resource. But I do miss those guys who used to post regularly about their projects, views, etc. Terry is RIP for example. I think most of the lack of posts here is all about how busy we have all become in this era of instant gratification via the social media channels. Or not ...

TrueTone likes this.
  6. saxhound

saxhound Moderator Staff Member CE/Moderator

I check in briefly every day as a good moderator should! I've been practicing a lot for 9 to 5. The clarinet parts are kicking my butt, since I have barely touched the horn in the past 6 months. Surprisingly, the bass clarinet parts are pretty easy. Also a lot of bari sax, which is making my right thumb ache.

TrueTone likes this.
  7. Gandalfe

Gandalfe Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I'm looking forward to an adhoc sax 4tet with friends and my wife tonight. It's been over 4 months since we've done that. We got our annual gig for 19 August confirmed. I spent 6 hours cleaning up the performance and library books (x 4 parts) so there's that.

TrueTone likes this.
  8. TrueTone

TrueTone Clarinet, Sax, Oboe, History

(this would be for why I've said nothing for a while, at least...)
    I try to stay active on here fairly frequently, I've been rather busy with both practicing and schoolwork this past week(ish), being that I have to keep over 15 credit hours for a scholarship here, and I have a few concerts soon...
    (march 1st, 3rd, and 4th. ;_; Plus I have two more on the 10th and 16th, neither of which I have music for yet.)
    Also somehow it works out that more than half of this is on Bass Clar. I've really been putting my Fobes RR to work since I got it last semester...
    (talking about mouthpieces is setting off my GAS now...there was a Fobes K14* that I almost bought really cheaply recently, maybe I should look into getting more Bb mouthpieces cheap, or getting some of mine that need refacing refaced, especially a few old Chedevilles (an unmarked blank that just says France and M with a small chip in the tip, and a Bettoney) I have.)

9. pete

pete Brassica Oleracea Staff Member Administrator

Now that I'm relatively healthy, again, I've been helping Helen with her website transition. It's been a little more challenging than I would have hoped. I've also been busier than usual at work, particularly because I've had two weeks of training classes -- and I could use more. I'm also studying to renew my CASP cert in November. And yes, the cert's difficult enough to get to start studying of Feb 1. I've also had a couple of problems trying to schedule a trip to see my folks in May. Yay for planes that are 90% full 3 months ahead of time.

All that being said, I really should post more. I generally sit back and think about something interesting enough to post for a couple days before I actually do. I also need a part for my wife's horn that I've finally took a picture of the absence of, so maybe I can buy one off someone here (bar that closes the G# tonehole when you hit the low C#/B/Bb. 1981 Selmer Omega).

TrueTone likes this.
Our staff's websites: