24 Videos Finished

Roger Aldridge

Composer in Residence
Distinguished Member
I've finished 24 videos with my original tunes and they are on youtube.

Here's a link -- http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3TsbhVdjaAQZVn1spFqbbw/videos

The music is all over the place stylistically -- from old sounding fiddle tunes (I think of fiddle music as being early roots in the evolution of jazz) to contemporary jazz pieces....and with a lot in between. Please check them out. Hopefully, you'll find something that you like.

My next project is for Keith Calmes to make an audio recording of Donut Music, my recent composition for solo guitar, and then I'll make a video with it similar to what I've been doing with my originals.

Roger

Last edited:
Hey Jim! Yes, I was definitely on a creative binge. I'm not sure what you mean about FB vs Reverbnation. Please clarify.

Jim,

In general, I've been getting MANY more plays with videos than with recordings. I have videos on 5 online sites: Youtube, Fandalism, Reverbnation (connected with FB), Fiddle Hangout, and Myspace. Not much has been happening with the videos on Reverbnation and Myspace. However, they are doing really well on Youtube, Fandalism, and (surprisingly) Fiddle Hangout.

As of today, the total count of the plays on the 5 sites is 7,083....and it was only a month ago that I started making the videos. As I remember, it took my recordings on Reverbnation at least two YEARS to get to 5,000 plays.

With these videos, my music is reaching a larger audience and much faster than I would have thought possible.

Roger

Back
Top Bottom