Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Accent Bass Clarinet minor issues

Hi guys :) so I bought Accent's low C model, the BC742C, and the instrument itself seems awesome. Great intonation, tone, etc, but like most, also seems to need a couple adjustments out of the box. I was hoping you guys could help me figure some out.
1. The middle F# (just first finger) is buzzy and slightly muffled, as is low A, and middle C to a certain extent. I'm going to do a leak test later, but I'm assuming that's crappy quality pads.
2. My low G key seems like it may be a bit high. When pressing down with very little force, it stops very soon after being touched, then you have to use a tiny bit more force to press it down the rest of the way. There were a couple loose rods, I tightened those, and it helped slightly, but it's still there, which bugs me. It's not unplayable, just annoying.
3. My neck is supposed to be tunable, but when I undo the screw in the bottom of it, I can't pull the two halves apart, they refuse to move...I was thinking maybe I should get a new neck, but I can't find the diameter at the cork end to get a new one that would fit properly.

I have played bass clarinet before, played through middle and 2 years of high school, so I'm pretty confident none of it is me having terrible playing. Thank you guys in advance, I look forward to your replies!

I fixed the G key issue, a coupleasure rods were loose, not anymore. The other issues still remain unfortunately.

I suggest taking it to a competent repair tech to do a thorough "play condition".

Back
Top Bottom