Accent BC742C Bass Clarinet minor issues

Hi guys :) so I bought Accent's low C model, the BC742C, and the instrument itself seems awesome. Great intonation, tone, etc, but like most, also seems to need a couple adjustments out of the box. I was hoping you guys could help me figure some out.
1. The middle F# (just first finger) is buzzy and slightly muffled, as is low A, and middle C to a certain extent. I did a leak test earlier, seemed to seal just fine after fixing a few loose rods, so I'm assuming it's crappy factory pads.
2. My neck is supposed to be tunable, but when I undo the screw in the bottom of it, I can't pull the two halves apart, they refuse to move...I was thinking maybe I should get a new neck, but I can't find the diameter at the cork end to get a new one that would fit properly.

I have played bass clarinet before, played through middle and 2 years of high school, so I'm pretty confident none of it is me having terrible playing. Thank you guys in advance, I look forward to your replies!

So sorry guys, I had this up before but it was in the wrong forum...I can't figure out how to delete the first one on mobile either.

Back
Top Bottom