Any Conn 6M owners?

jbtsax

Distinguished Member
Distinguished Member
I may get a customer's Conn 6M alto to restore with a micro-tuner neck. Someone at one time has cut the portion where the mouthpiece goes to shorten it. I need to know how long in millimeters the original neck was past the micro-tuner in order to add an extension. If anyone can help, it would be appreciated.

My Conn alto has a microtuner...

..., low pitch, serial number M2279XX, and the corked "nipple" measures precisely 1 1/8" from the base of the nipple (not from the top of the knurled ring that operates the tuner) to the tip of the nipple.

Here is the 6M neck in question. The shaft where the mouthpiece goes measures about 13/16". Obviously it was cut off at some time in its life. I need to contact the customer (the job is subcontracted from a music store) and see what he wants me to do. Below that is a photo of the original Conn mouthpiece that appears as if the end was cut off as well. One might think that the micro tuner was frozen in its longest position, but when I receive the sax, it was working perfectly. From the original pads and the very old reeds in the case I can tell it hasn't been played or worked on for many years.

Connmicrotunerneck001.jpg

Connmouthpiece.jpg

Back
Top Bottom