Anybody know of a website with general information about flute history?

Discussion in 'The Flute Family: Websites/Blogs' started by Yamahaaltoplayer, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Yamahaaltoplayer

Yamahaaltoplayer

I'm writing a short (only a few pages) essay about the history and technology of flute instruments... from the flutes that were the first ever musical instruments to the modern day concert flute. I have read the Wikipedia article and did some searching on Google, but none of the information seems reliable or does not mention all of the flute's history. Basic information that fills the whole timeline of the would be nice.:)

Tags:
  2. Steve

Steve Clarinet CE/Moderator Staff Member CE/Moderator

something like
    flutehistory.com

3. Yamahaaltoplayer

Yamahaaltoplayer

Yes, that's a very good site for history from the medieval period and after, but then I'm missing information about flutes before that. Maybe there isn't enough information, but people have found some from tens of millenniums past so some should be available.

4. acglass

acglass

5. CE Winds

CE Winds

This site is pretty comprehensive... although I am not sure myself, seems like an accurate historical presentation of Flutes.

I found it some time ago researching the flute.

http://www.oldflutes.com/

6. Gandalfe

Gandalfe Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Does your college make this suggestion? It makes sense to me btw, but I'm just curioused about Universities in general now-a-days.