Anyone else a Hugh Laurie fan?

jbtsax

Distinguished Member
Distinguished Member
I don't know if this thread will be allowed or not. I have really gotten into the "House" episodes, watching the entire series on videos. Then my wife turned me on to the earlier British comedies Fry and Laurie, and the Wooser and Jeeves series.

Here is the music connection :) As well as being a remarkable actor, Hugh Laurie is also an accomplished musician who sings and plays keyboard and I think guitar as well. A blues album is scheduled to be released sometime this year featuring Hugh and some fellow musicians.

He played piano and sang fairly often in the Jeeves and Wooster series.

There was also an episode that centred around him trying to play trombone, which causes Jeeves to quit.

The theme song for J&W was pretty cool as well. Very 1920's society band type of sound.

love Fry and Laurie and House as well, although we've already had this discussion via PM on SoTW
Awesomely versatile actor, did real well in 101 Dalmations too

The only series I currently watch on TV are Mythbusters, How It's Made, and, occasionally, Oddities and Auction Kings.

Laurie is also outstanding in three of the five Blackadder series, in which he generally plays a dimwitted member of the British aristocracy - much the same role as in Jeeves and Wooster.

Blackadder and Jeeves and Wooster are two of the DVD series that I throw into the book and computer bag when I have to spend days at the hospital (for my ailing mother). Sometimes, it is very hard to suppress the laughter...

He played piano and sang fairly often in the Jeeves and Wooster series.

There was also an episode that centred around him trying to play trombone, which causes Jeeves to quit.

The theme song for J&W was pretty cool as well. Very 1920's society band type of sound.

I just watched that trombone playing episode. It would take considerable talent to play the instrument that badly. I would love to know the name of the tenor sax player who plays some of the background music in the Wooster and Jeeves series. What a gorgeous sound.

And your point is? Or are you just braggin'... <ducks>
Yes.

What's exceptionally amusing is when I have a conversation with someone and he starts with, "Did you see X on TV last night?" No. No, I didn't.

Yes.

What's exceptionally amusing is when I have a conversation with someone and he starts with, "Did you see X on TV last night?" No. No, I didn't.

I have that conversation all the time.

I'm going to see more of the Bertie and Wooster series. Maybe I can stream it from NetFlix.

I'm a big fan of PG Wodehouse.

I don't have a tv, so the few shows I watch are streamed from their respective websites whenever I have time, which is usually 2-3 weeks after... I don't feel like I'm missing much...

Back
Top Bottom