Bands and Musicians wanted for Cruise Ship Work

Gandalfe

Striving to play the changes in a melodic way.
Staff member
Administrator
I toy with the idea of doing this every once in a while, but my day job and most likely skills hold me back.

Reply: mmec@mmec.com
spacer.gif

Mike Moloney Entertainment is seeking strong entertaining bands for work on the high seas. Quartets, Trio's, 5+6 piece bands and single (guitar pianos soloist) wanted. Must be well groomed, have valid passport, and be able to travel. We are also seeking strong reading orchestra musicians (brass, woodwinds, piano, bass, drums). Must be free to travel for 4-6 months at a time. Salary plus flights, meals, rooms.

Please contact:
Mike Moloney Entertainment (Las Vegas) 702.228.8300 mmec@mmec.com
Rob Blackburn (MMEC Vancouver) 604.298.6635 rob@mmec.com

http://www.mmec.com

Last edited:
Rob is a super nice guy. I auditioned for him at the end of 1st year. I wasn't ready then, but he gave me some really good constructive criticism.

The strongest advice that I can give based upon my one shot tour as a cruise line musician back in the 1960's is to stay away from the crew bar. Almost everyone else on the boat got robbed blind by this clever little "benefit" - stuck in the middle of nowhere with nothing else to spend money on, liquor consumption was like being in debt to the company store.

Oh, and take a lot of spare reeds along...

Back
Top Bottom