Blood Brothers

I just got my music for the musical Blood Brothers that I'm playing in Brampton at the end of the month. It's by far the easiest show I have ever played. We haven't had a rehearsal, but I could sight read 95% of it on the fly.

The book is soprano sax and alto sax.

I'm really excited for the 1980's smooth jazz soprano stuff LOLz!!! ... EPICCCCCCCC!!!!!

I had never heard the show before, but I like a lot of it ... it's cheesy!!! lolz

Ya that sop line is cheesy goodness!! :eek:).

The great thing about this show is although it's not paying a lot it's no work either. Unlike the majority of the shows out there this one is the easiest I've ever read.

The unfortunate thing is the majority of it is the most poorly written musical I've ever heard. Not only that, but is BY FAR the worst musical in terms of mistakes EVER. We spend half the time fixing mistakes!

Rehearsals are going well - we just had our sitzprobe - and the show goes up at the end of this week.

The other good thing is I already got hired for the next show!

Looked on the posters but I didn't see a website anywhere.

We just closed today, but we will be remounting the show in a new city for a weekend in August.

By the end of the show today:

1) I actually grew to like the show (despite the god awful orchestrations and blatant mistakes. The musical director gave us all some creative license so we made it sound much better anyways).

2) I networked with two musical directors ... the one from the show and one that has MD'd this companies show in the past. Both want to hire me on for future projects ... booya.

3) I realized, as I do at least once during every pit I play in that I absolutely LOVE it and I hope to do it forever and hopefully continue to hoan my skills and cultivate new relationships that will eventually lead to professional pit work!

Some of my fellow pit players asked "Do people actually like this stuff" ... and were surprised that I was like "Yes, I love it! I think musicals are FANTASTIC!" ... they all looked at me like I had two heads.

Back
Top Bottom