Dismiss Notice
I hate the colors. What do I do?

At the far bottom of the page, on the left, is a menu or link that says, "Forum Default." Click on that and choose a different Style.

CHTIOT MUSÉE DES CLARIBOLES ET CIE

Discussion in 'Websites/Blogs/Books' started by pete, Jul 5, 2010.

1. pete

pete Brassica Oleracea Staff Member Administrator

2. Gandalfe

Gandalfe Admin and all around good guy. Staff Member Administrator

3. pete

I think he did better on harp.

4. Gandalfe

Gandalfe Admin and all around good guy. Staff Member Administrator

All I could think as I listened to him was, what a great faker. He stayed in the chalumeau range, did some fake tremolo, and obviously was a musician on another instrument.

5. SOTSDO

SOTSDO Old King Log Staff Member CE/Moderator

I did note a book to get:

From the Clarinet d'Amour to the Contra Bass
    A history of large size clarinets - 1740-1860
    Albert R. Rice, Oxford University Press, 2009
    ISBN 978-0-19-534328-1

Something else to add to the clarinet shelf in the library...

6. Helen

Helen Content Expert Saxophones Staff Member Administrator

I took a look at the site. It is very nice. I like the fact that it is focused on French clarinets. Despite that not really my thing, it makes it very useful though as a resource tool however. Good find Pete!

7. pete

There does seem to be a bit on other things, such as the Orsi-made Linton contrabass and a bit on Mahillon -- i.e. Netherlands and the main reason I was at that website -- but I think it might be concentrating on French stuff for two really good reasons: most of the interesting clarinet stuff is French and the folk(s) that run the website don't read English ....

I do think I'll have to do some research on the Saxonettes. Looks like at least three companies produced them, including Buescher.

8. SOTSDO

SOTSDO Old King Log Staff Member CE/Moderator

I would say that there's a lot of interesting stuff in German on the clarinet as well. But, it's in German and you know how that goes...

9. Steve

Steve Clarinet CE/Moderator Staff Member CE/Moderator

I have a modern variant variable lay mpc .... I'll try and remember to get some pics .... it works .. kind of ....

Our staff's websites: