clarinet/piano sheet music

Hello List-

I'm not sure of the rules of this forum, as I looked and couldn't find out whether this following post is "out of bounds". If it is, please let me know and it won't happen again.

Anyway, I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm a pretty well known brass arranger (NY Philharmonic, Canadian Brass, others), and am now exploring writing for woodwinds. I recently arranged Mozart's Rondo Alla Turka for clarinet and piano, and also did a "bossa nova" (tasteful) rendition of Ravel's Pavane for clarinet and piano.

I have a pretty decent clarinet sample, and did complete demos of both works. Clarinet is simply a joy to arrange for. The wide range, and woody "camoflaged" tone qualities make it so flexible and interesting.

You can hear these arrangements at my site (just google Elkjer Music). I plan to build a woodwind catalog slowly over time, and also have duets, quartets, etc.

Or you can just hear them here:
Mozart Ronda alla Turka
Ravel Pavane for a Dead Princess (bossa nova)

Once again, I hope I haven't abused this forum. If this posting is ok, rest assured that I will post rarely. Thanks!
Robert Elkjer
www.robertelkjer.com

Nice stuff! (now where's the "like" button when we need it?)

Personally, I'd skip the ornamentation in the refrain/main theme of the "Turk" and play it straight, but that's just me (I use embellishments only sparingly and prefer unengraved saxes).

Very enjoyable listening. I also went to the website and listened to the whistling and other demo recordings. I applaud your creativity and composing/arranging skills. I believe there is a market for quality concert/contest woodwind ensembles written for high school level performers. When I taught high school, it was always a challenge to find arrangements for ensembles, that were accessible to students, were fun to play, and were quality music.

Please keep posting when you have new materials to share.

... I do remember mailing-list "forums." As a matter of fact, the online college I went to kept using that style until about 2008.

I just haven't seen the greeting, as above, used in about 10 years or so. And, if I can get TTT to smack himself upside the head after one of my funnies, so much the better :D.

Well, I did decommission my Mac 512 about a month ago. I need to do the same with my Duo 280C. And I just found the ethernet dock for it, too.

Back
Top Bottom