Deep voices

My orchestra is playing a concert this coming Sunday in the Auenkirche (in Berlin). For those of you (okay, all of you) who won't be able to make it, here's a little taste of what is on the program....

This is a setting by Otto Abel from 1959 of a Christian poem penned in 1945 by Dietrich Boenhoffer, a Lutheran pastor in Germany who resisted (and was executed by) the Nazis. The poem and its title, "Von guten Mächten" are not easily translated (though the music does this quite well, I think). Wikipedia writes: "By good forces devotedly and quietly surrounded", or, in a more poetic, singable, widely used version: "By loving forces silently surrounded, ..."

Best,

Kevin

My orchestra is playing a concert this coming Sunday in the Auenkirche (in Berlin). For those of you (okay, all of you) who won't be able to make it, here's a little taste of what is on the program....

This is a setting by Otto Abel from 1959 of a Christian poem penned in 1945 by Dietrich Boenhoffer, a Lutheran pastor in Germany who resisted (and was executed by) the Nazis. The poem and its title, "Von guten Mächten" are not easily translated (though the music does this quite well, I think). Wikipedia writes: "By good forces devotedly and quietly surrounded", or, in a more poetic, singable, widely used version: "By loving forces silently surrounded, ..."

Best,

Kevin
ausgezeichnet> Danke fur das post.

Here's another tune from BBO, my "woodwind ensemble" (aka recorder orchestra), which I'm including here since it's such a well-known tune. We're in a sort of "chorale groove" just now (recording from 2nd Sept.). Something calming, should your ship be taking on water.

Back
Top Bottom