Dogs and Cats

My 11-year-old Pug is bothered only when I play altissimo on clarinet. She a very smart dog, and may be objecting to my intonation.

I used to have a beautiful English mastiff who never left my side UNTIL I took out the sax for some shed time. Then he departed to the furthest room in the house.

I've been playing in a 5-sax + rhythm gang for years and the sax section often is rehearsing in my basement. We play in a circle. For the whole of her life (13 y), our female Labrador, which was not deaf at all, went down the stairs each time we played to sit exactly at the center of the circle, where the noise/music was the loudest and stayed here for the whole duration of the rehearsal. By far our most faithful listener...

GOOD STUFF. I actually have one pit bull, 3 Great Danes, and 2 cats. The cats and 3 of the dogs stay away when I'm playing......BUT my female Great Dane (Loki) will actually come up and try to lick the end of my clarinet. If I'm sitting she gets behind and lays her head on my shoulder like she is trying to read the music herself. I think she thinks she is helping LOL.

Mmm. My cats hated me playing clarinet. The only thing worse was attempting to play oboe. They'd jump on me and bite me until I stopped playing.

The baritone sax intimidated my current dog. He runs and hides. 68-pound baby ....

LOL

One of the differences between dogs and cats I've seen is that the cat will attack you to force you to stop doing something. The dog will just look miserable until he's guilted you into stopping.

This is one of my favorite stories that describes in a humorous way the difference between dogs and cats.

And God Created Dog

A newly discovered chapter in the Book of Genesis has provided the answer to: "Where do pets come from?

Adam and Eve said, "Lord, when we were in the garden, you walked with us every day. Now we do not see you anymore. We are lonesome here and it is difficult for us to remember how much you love us.”

And God said, "No problem!”

“I will create a companion for you that will be with you forever and who will be a reflection of my love for you, so that you will love me even when you cannot see me. Regardless of how selfish or childish or unlovable you may be, this new companion will accept you as you are and will love you as I do, in spite of yourselves."

And God created a new animal to be a companion for Adam and Eve. And it was a good animal. And God was pleased. And the new animal was pleased to be with Adam and Eve and he wagged his tail. And Adam said, "Lord, I have already named all the animals in the Kingdom and I cannot think of a name for this new animal."

And God said, "No problem.”

“Because I have created this new animal to be a reflection of my love for you, his name will be a reflection of my own name, and you will call him DOG."

And Dog lived with Adam and Eve and was a companion to them and loved them. And they were comforted. And God was pleased. And Dog was content and wagged his tail. After a while, it came to pass that an angel came to the Lord and said, "Lord, Adam and Eve have become filled with pride. They strut and preen like peacocks and they believe they are worthy of adoration. Dog has indeed taught them that they are loved, but perhaps too well."

And God said, "No problem!”

“I will create for them a companion who will be with them forever and who will see them as they are. The companion will remind them of their limitations, so they will know that they are not always worthy of adoration."

And God created CAT to be a companion to Adam and Eve. And Cat would not obey them. And when Adam and Eve gazed into Cat's eyes, they were reminded that they were not the supreme beings. And Adam and Eve learned humility, and they were greatly improved.

And God was pleased.

And Dog was happy.

And Cat didn't give a s**t one way or the other.

Another bit of proof of how similar cats are to clarinets.

A dog thinks about humans: "They feed me, they pet me, they give me a warm place to sleep. They must be gods."

A cat thinks about humans: "They feed me, they pet me, they give me a warm place to sleep. I must be a god."

A dog thinks about humans: "They feed me, they pet me, they give me a warm place to sleep. They must be gods."

A cat thinks about humans: "They feed me, they pet me, they give me a warm place to sleep. I must be a god."
Retread speaks truth, thus he is quoted.

Back
Top Bottom