Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by pete, May 9, 2008.
"Pete shouldn't be allowed to post polls anymore."
There's an equipment list?
I would never list my solid 24k gold Selmer Custom Reference 36 tenor with our Solar System engraved on the bell ... someone might think I have big toneholes
Dude. You got the size backwards.
Oh. Note my first post in the thread and that I haven't voted ....
plus a couple years ago ...
I'll also add this to my list of things for probable inclusion in Xenforo. It's easier to do this in Xenforo than it was in vBulletin.
Done. Well, sort of. I've got a bunch of notes. Call this an "under construction" feature.
1. Go to your profile page. Here's a direct link to save you about 5 clicks.
2. Scroll down the page a bit and you'll see the new fields, "Expertise"* and "Your Current Gear." Enter your info and click the "Save Changes" button.
Easy enough. Now, let's get a link to that in your signature line.
1. Find out who you are. At the top right of the page will be your name. Click on it once
2. See where it says, "Your Profile Page"? Click on that.
3. At (usually) the top of your screen is the Address bar. Look at the URL. Your name . number is what we need. Just copy it down. For me, it's "pete.1"
Let's edit your signature. Here's a direct link.
Enter a signature in the form of [url=http://www.woodwindforum.com/forum/index.php?members/YOURNAME.NUMBER/#info]My gear![/url] and click the "Save Changes" button.
* Gandalfe, Helen, and I had a conversation on this. It'd be nice (not required, but nice) if you enter in some info about what you're good at, particularly if you can put down something like, "Misc. woodwind history," as I did, or note that you're an instrument repair person, or whatever.
So, anyhow, while the above is definitely neater (both in the sense of "interesting" and in the sense of "not cluttering your post"), it's a bunch of steps. There is allegedly a way to eliminate the last three-ish steps, but the documentation I'm currently finding is very outdated and doesn't apply to our version of Xenforo.
I'll keep this on the back burner for a little bit. Until I find something better, if you have any problems doing the above, start a Conversation ("private message") with me or send me an e-mail and I'll get you set up.