Flute goodies!

I have recently added some flute equipment to my arsenal that I thought I would share.

1) When I was visiting Merlin in Stratford he showed me this nifty flute swab known as the "flute flag". Personally, I still use my regular swab to clean out my flute at the end of a gig. But the flute flag has been PERFECT for swabbing out during the gig ... especially for doubling/pit sort of stuff. I highly recommend it because it allows you to swab out your flute and keep the headjoint exactly where it is.

2) At a clinic with Les Allt, the group was asking about the extra gear he had on his flute ... on of the things he had was a "Thumbport". Check out the website and you'll see a picture ... that's much clearer than me explaining it with words ... but essentially it really reduces the tension and wrist problems I have in my right hand and this really helped me play with a better position.

3) I also bought one of Powell's Suede Micro Fiber Cloths that comes with the cleaning swab gauze. The micro fiber cloth is AMAZINGGG ... it easily takes of finger prints and makes the flute shine with NO effort!

I have recently added some flute equipment to my arsenal that I thought I would share.

1) When I was visiting Merlin in Stratford he showed me this nifty flute swab known as the "flute flag". Personally, I still use my regular swab to clean out my flute at the end of a gig. But the flute flag has been PERFECT for swabbing out during the gig ... especially for doubling/pit sort of stuff. I highly recommend it because it allows you to swab out your flute and keep the headjoint exactly where it is.

2) At a clinic with Les Allt, the group was asking about the extra gear he had on his flute ... on of the things he had was a "Thumbport". Check out the website and you'll see a picture ... that's much clearer than me explaining it with words ... but essentially it really reduces the tension and wrist problems I have in my right hand and this really helped me play with a better position.

3) I also bought one of Powell's Suede Micro Fiber Cloths that comes with the cleaning swab gauze. The micro fiber cloth is AMAZINGGG ... it easily takes of finger prints and makes the flute shine with NO effort!

Cool! Now I know the regular flute flag can be used on alto flute.

Back
Top Bottom