Greetings Everyone!

New guy on the block from SE Pennsylvania!

My number one instrument is guitar, but I love to dabble with my clarinet and saxophone.

My first introduction to music was playing my Dad’s old Slingerland drums in my paternal Grandmother’s attic. I was around 6-8 years of age at that time.

At age 9, my Mom signed me up for clarinet lessons which lasted 3 years. I still have the clarinet, which I think she purchased used.

Started playing tenor sax in the late 1990s, and took lessons for a year and a half.

My screen name is in honor of the great Buddy (DeFranco) and the great (Lester) Young.
IMG_2570.jpeg
IMG_2571.jpeg

Ghost town it isn't. It just takes a few to stir the pot. Love the plastic Vito clarinet, I still have mine from 1965, started on it in 6th grade, overhauled a couple times now. Case saw its better days, so it is in its 2nd case.

Ghost town it isn't. It just takes a few to stir the pot. Love the plastic Vito clarinet, I still have mine from 1965, started on it in 6th grade, overhauled a couple times now. Case saw its better days, so it is in its 2nd case.
Thanks!

Ha! I got mine in 1964 when I was in 4th grade, and played it until the end of 6th grade. Our junior high orchestra didn’t have enough kids, so they recruited us grade schoolers to play. I think I was 6th or 7th chair. All the other clarinetists were girls.

I had my Vito refurbished about 10 years ago. New pads and key work. I think it plays well for an el cheapo.

Welcome. Activity isn't that high on this forum but I like to think that the posts are of good quality. What ensembles do you play with? Are there any recordings. Cheers.

I have not played in an ensemble since elementary school (see my introductory post).

However, I still love the vibe of the clarinet, and for the moment, it seems to be the go to….

Anyway, read my profile/intro.

Back
Top Bottom