Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Help me identify this Clarinet..

So i like trawling a local Salvation Army daily (except sundays) for anything and everything, but mainly vintage video game consoles and cameras.

Today i noticed a case on the shelf and when i inquired within.. i found a Clarinet !
It /smells/ old! Anyhow.. after i noticed it was marked at 10 Dollars i bought it as soon as i could walk over to the checkstand ! I dont know anything about its worth but i do know even entry level instruments are worth much more then 10 dollars.

Ok so, The case says
Paris
Evette
by Buffet
The only serial i can seem to find is E 1198 and i've done a massive Google'ing of said serial and i cannot seem to find any information on it other then it was a student line made contracted? by Buffet?
Also i called Buffet in Florida and their main expert on i guess the Clarinet i have is on vacation for two weeks to they could not help me with serial look up.

Hopefully you guys can help me out here!
If you need more pictures feel free to ask and i will provide!
Greatly appreciate anyone's help
View attachment 372

View attachment 373

View attachment 374

View attachment 375

View attachment 376

BTB, purkle, your attachments didn't attach. You might want to try again. Try to keep the files a little small.

purkle - yes i see the pics in your 2nd post

Clicked links in post one =
Carl .. i got that error too when i last tried it. BUt i swear i got the pics the first time when i replied. I remember seeing them and the separate throat keys with a flat trill key guide. thus w/o looking at the serial number assumed it was pre 1950ish

odd

purkle - yes i see the pics in your 2nd post

I remember seeing them and the separate throat keys with a flat trill key guide. thus w/o looking at the serial number assumed it was pre 1950ish

odd

So this is pre 1950? fascinating ! ^.^
Anything more you could tell me about it ?

Just as a point of interest -- and to show that I'm paying attention -- Steve mentions on his website that the Olds Opera clarinet is really a Buffet R13, Buffet's pro clarinet. Interestingly, an Olds Opera saxophone is a Buffet Dynaction or SuperDynaction (depending on the year), i.e. Buffet's professional sax at that time.

Interestingly, an Olds Opera saxophone is a Buffet Dynaction or SuperDynaction (depending on the year), i.e. Buffet's professional sax at that time.
Really, that may be my only way to afford a DA/SDA sax set .....

Just speaking of the DA/SDA, they're still undervalued for what they are. I know that there are a couple of folks out there that are charging a lot of $ for them, but the majority of folks don't.

One of these days I want to try an SDA or S1 bari, just to see if the keywork is as light as it was on my DA alto. And to see if I like that on bari.

Back
Top Bottom