Henry Gunckel Bb Clarinet

As i posted to another thread recently i came across with a very nice old Henry Gunckel Bb albert system clarinet!

I have searched a lot at the internet about Henry Gunckel and i have found out that many of these clarinets were made especially from Buffet, Noblet and possibly even Kohlert..
Gunckel was the stencil name for a company called Jenkins located out of Kansas. This company imported these clarinets from France. It is said that the scroll initials ''B'' and ''C',which means Buffet Crampon and are written in the stamp of Buffet clarinets, if they are also existing in the stamp of Henry Gunckel clarinets they were made by Buffet. Do you know anything about that guys? Your information will be very helpfull! Also, i post some photos of the stamp of my clarinet and another from my A buffet!

20161027_132654.jpg20161027_132721.jpg20161027_132933.jpg

Hello Greg! I just came upon a clarinet that I believe is the same as this one. By any chance have you happened to find anything out about this clarinet since you posted this? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

The Langwill Index lists Henri Gunckel as being a name used by a US dealer in the late 19th-early 20th century, marked BC for Buffet Crampon.

Back
Top Bottom