Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

How to Clear Cookies

pete

Brassica Oleracea
Staff member
Administrator
The number 1 recommended solution for login/can't stay logged in problems is to clear your cookies.

First, attempt to log out of the forum, as normal (i.e. click "Log Out"). Then, here's how to to clear cookies:

For Internet Explorer 7 and 8, Firefox 3 and 3.5.x, and Safari.

For Opera 10, go to the Tools menu. Choose Advanced. Choose Cookies. Find the woodwindforum.com cookie and click on it. Click "Delete".

For Opera 9.

As a side note, while Opera is the only web browser that's 100% W3C HTML compliant, it doesn't do some things "right" on this Forum.

I run Chrome on my laptop, and it's doing it here too. It's driving me nuts. Do you have advice on how to clear cookies on Chrome? I can't find it right now.

Actually, never mind, I just found it... If anyone's looking for it, here's how you can do it:

1. Click your Customize & Control Google Chrome Button... It's the Crescent Wrench.

2. Select & click options

3. When the Options box pops up, click on the Under The Hood tab

4. Scroll down under Privacy to where you see the Show Cookies button. Click it.

5. Scroll down until you see the Woodwind Forum cookie(s) and click the Remove button. Each Forum cookie needs to be removed individually.

Thanks for the info, Helen!

Me not know why anyone would want to get rid of cookies.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom