Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

How to survive - Diversity

Groovekiller

Distinguished Member
Distinguished Member
In South Florida, the music biz is sort of seasonal, roughly 6 months on, 6 months off. For me, right now is the beginning of the OFF period.

But I do lots of stuff, jazz concerts, conventions, shows, rock & roll, etc., so the season extends a bit, depending on luck and the economy. One group that always packs the house is the Klezmer Company Orchestra. It's a group that combines Rock & Roll, Classical music, Latin Music, Jazz, and maybe everything else with traditional Jewish music, and the result is something that is very popular, any time, anywhere.

This Klezmer Company group has made me the hardest working non-Jewish Yiddish musician in South Florida, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I love it. The concerts are always a sellout in the largest venues, and the musicians are the best symphonic players in Florida.

Sometimes what I'm asked to do is a stretch, but that's how you grow - by stretching. In this video, I'm the baritone sax player, not much of a problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsqwKjDi6Xc&feature=relmfu

That is some great music played extremely well. Thanks for sharing this group with us.

Back
Top Bottom