Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Ledoux?

Hey Folks!

I've played the flute for about eight years (as well as sax and clarinet for the last two years), and I just recently started picking up flute repair on the side.
To start off, I went up to the attic and got the old flute my mom used when she was in high school. It's marked "Ledoux" and I've had a rough time figuring out where the heck it came from. I was wondering if anyone here may have heard of a Ledoux flute, and where they may have come from.

Thanks!
WoodwindDude

Check out http://www.woodwindforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1529, which talks about the Ledoux brand name and, specifically, Ledoux clarinets.

There's an eBay ad that lists a Ledoux as one of the flutes for sale: it and three others are being sold together for the grand total of $159.

Rolled tone holes on that flute, tho. That's interesting.

Now, I'm not a flute "guy", but it makes me wonder if it's an SML or a Malerne, as well.

ah I see.
The flute in the photos on that eBay ad looks similar to mine, although just from some of the more trivial visual design aspects of the instrument it looks as though its from a slightly different year. The "Ledoux" on the flutes looks identical though.
thanks for the input!
WoodwindDude

Back
Top Bottom