Marching band folios: larger size

The standard size of a marching band folio is approx. 5 3/4" high and 7" wide. Does anyone know of the availability of a larger sized folio? For example one that is 7" high and 9" wide? There is a site that advertises this particular size but, in fact it's an error and their folios are standard in size.

Any help for these fading eyes would be greatly appreciated!:cool:

The standard size of a marching band folio is approx. 5 3/4" high and 7" wide. Does anyone know of the availability of a larger sized folio? For example one that is 7" high and 9" wide? There is a site that advertises this particular size but, in fact it's an error and their folios are standard in size.

Any help for these fading eyes would be greatly appreciated!:cool:

http://www.mymusicfolders.com/marching.html ?
They claim to have 7"x9" folios.

(Our standard size is a tad shy of A5 (148 x 210 mm))

That's the site I was referring to. I only realized their error after I ordered and received their product. They apologized for
the mis-information and said they would correct the site. They also offered to fully refund my money.

That's the site I was referring to. I only realized their error after I ordered and received their product. They apologized for
the mis-information and said they would correct the site. They also offered to fully refund my money.

So we're back at square one, aren't we?

Maybe your only option is to make one yourself. Get plastic sleeves, binder rings, cardboard covers. It's not too difficult.

I go to the local music shops and ask for them for my bands all the time. Although I get them for free (with do you want your shop name associated with the Microsoft Jazz Band) they are relatively cheap too. And you get some local branded stuff which can be fun.

Gandalife: are you referring to a marching band folio that's held by a lyre? Your description sounds more like a standard music folio that's common to a sitting band.

tictatux: you're probably right. Some of the other 'band elders' have made their own over the years but some are rather crude looking. However they can read the full score and I can't!:cry:

Back
Top Bottom