New Bass Sax Section on Bassic Sax

Helen

Content Expert Saxophones
Staff member
Administrator
When I started Bassic Sax over 20 years ago, its original purpose was as resource for bass sax players, and would-be players. Fast forward a couple of decades and the site has evolved, acquired some new domains, and grown way beyond its original focus of bass saxophones. As a matter of fact, bass saxophones have been a bit neglected as of late, so I felt it was time to change that.

For the last 5 or so years I have been gathering together data and images of bass saxophones of all stripes and ages, with the intent of putting together a brand new bass sax section on the Bassic Sax website. Today I am pleased to say that that work has begun in earnest, and a number of the new pages are now published already--with lots more on the way.

As of today, the following new pages are now live:

Under the category of vintage bass saxes​

Conn bass saxophones: models & variations
Conn second line & stencil bass saxophones
Orsi bass saxophones
Orsi stencil bass saxophones

Under the category of modern bass saxes​

Five bass saxophone models by J’Élle Stainer from Brazil:​

Short wrap Low Bb Bass
Compact Bass
Low A French Wrap Bass
Traditional Low A Bass
Vintage Bass

Bass Saxophone Resources

This page lists the resources that I currently have available on Bassic Sax, as well as useful resources I have come across online.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My next steps:
  • Finish the players page I have been working on for weeks now.
  • Add some new manufacturers. I have had pages that I worked on years ago, but never got around to publishing. Those are next up.
After that I have a long list of things to do. I am just trying to do a little bit every day, so we’ll see how it goes.

What I'm asking from all bass sax players and would-be players, is the following: Please take a look at the section: What you'll see in this section, on the bass sax info main page, and see if you can see anything that I've missed that should be included. If you do, please mention it here on this thread.

Also, if you've got any info, horns, old catalogue pages, etc, etc, that you would like to contribute, please let me know through here as well. Thank you!!!

Back
Top Bottom