New to the forum and just bought a vintage noblet :o)

Hi there,
I'm new have just regeistered.
Just wanted some Noblet advice.
I currently honk away on a Leblanc Sonata which i absolutely love to death. It was love at first sound!! :eek:)
And decided recetly to buy another to double up on. Couldnt afford a new new one, so have purchased a vintage Noblet 40 serial nos 37***.
It looks lovely and has been overhauled, waiting for its arrival in the post.
Am i right in thinking that this makes it pre 1964???
Hope it sounds as lovely as it looks.

:TrebleClef:

Well, I would say you're right in saying that it's a pre-1964 model, does the emblem look a little buffet-ish (Oval, with a little harp like thing on top, and the name [d.noblet paris or noblet paris] in the oval)? If so, I'm pretty sure that'll put you around 1961-62 (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

'63 Chevy Impala, take it or leave it guys. You're stimulating my retro car addiction.

How 'bout a Renault Robin?

'63 Chevy Impala, take it or leave it guys. You're stimulating my retro car addiction.

For some reason, I find the Nissan Figaro cute.
Looks like a Nash Metropolitan, TTT. Not that that's a bad thing. Unless you're as tall as me.

I had a friend in Tucson whose father had been a car collector. He had around 100 - 150 cars, including a Nash Metropolitan (aside: Steve Nash, a basketball player for the Phoenix Suns, is referred to by one of the 70+ year old announcers as the "Nash Rambler." I may be the only one that gets the reference). My favorite, owing to where I lived a long time, was the Pierce Arrow. As I've mentioned before, my wife, ex-wife and I have owned approximately 65 cars. The one that I regret not buying was a 1956 Chevy 210 from aforementioned friend. Needed new tires and a repair to the front seat. Hey, I even knew where the gas cap was, without being told!

I'm 6'2" and a piece, with very long legs (and proportionately shorter arms, by the way), and I fit just fine into a convertible version of the Nash Metropolitan. Not so with the top up, however.

During my winter of rent to own ownership of a bass saxophone (I did three shows that year, all with a bass sax part), I had to tote the massive thing (in what was literally a coffin-sized case) in my Ford Maverick.

(For those of you of more modern generations, this was an early Ford attempt at a "compact" car - later than the huge Falcon but earlier than later cars like the Fiesta. It would be a mid or full sized car today.)

While all of the rest of my impedimenta would easily fit into the rather large trunk on the thing, the bass sax was far too big for that. Indeed, the only way I could get it onboard was to remove the head rests from the front seats and then carefully slide the plywood case onto the tops of the front and rear seats. You had trouble seeing anything out of the right side of the car, and it took a lot of care to load and unload. But, it worked.

I had another alternative should my car have been too small for the thing. But, showing up for a musical performance in the family dump truck would have been considered very bad form. Taking girl friends to the drive in in it (we would park on the very last row, tilt the bed up a bit, and lie on a camping mattress within) was another thing entirely...

Back
Top Bottom