Principal Clarinet Stanley Drucker To Make Final NY Philharmonic Concerto Appearances

Ed

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
[SIZE=-2][SIZE=-1]New York Philharmonic Principal Clarinet Stanley Drucker, who will retire from the Orchestra at the end of the 2008–09 season concluding a 60-year tenure, will give his final concerto appearances in performances of Copland’s Clarinet Concerto, conducted by Lorin Maazel, Tuesday, June 4, at 7:30 p.m., Saturday, June 6, at 8:00 p.m., and Tuesday, June 9, 2009, at 7:30 p.m. Mr. Drucker, who joined the New York Philharmonic at age 19 in 1948, and whose tenure encompasses one-third of the history of the 167-year-old orchestra, will have performed as soloist with the Orchestra some 200 times (both at home and abroad), and will have played in more than 10,200 concerts under nine New York Philharmonic conductors at the conclusion of his tenure.

read more at: [/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
http://broadwayworld.com/article/Principal_Clarinet_Stanley_Drucker_To_Make_Final_NY_Philharmonic_Concerto_Appearances_646_6_And_69_20090427

We ate dinner (roast pig, no less) with Stanley almost twenty years ago. Aside from his clarinet technique, he was also a gracious person to spend some time with. Hard to believe that he's basically held the same job for six decades.

Of course, twenty years ago I was probably gracious as well. Now, excuse me while I go chase those damn'd kids off of my lawn...

Going to the concert

Hi All,

I'm proud to say I'm going to see this concert at Lincoln Center. I got great seats center orchestra close to the front. I can't wait to hear it.

Steve

It was great

Hi All,

I went to NYC to hear Stanley Drucker play the Copland and it was magnificent. I loved it. He plays it so easy and with such passion. After the concerto he got presentations by NYC, Guinness’s Book of world records (for playing the most performances) and other accolades as well as a video of all major musicians talking about him. It was a night to remember.

Steve

If I were in New York I would have loved to attend. Alas, I call Chicago home.

I caught a lot of articles online about the performance and would love to hear a recording of it.

Back
Top Bottom