Question on updating C Clarinet

I have a question about my C Clarinet. I was wanting to update my C Clarinet to more a professional instrument. I work in a church setting and use it more than my B Flat clarinet. I cannot really afford a 7,000 used C Clarinet. There is not many options.

I have a
Amah Kroshce C Clarinet (it is almost 30 years old and I think I am spelling it right). It was around 1500 dollars.

I have a Professional mouthpiece that is over 15 years old and no longer in the making.

I saw that Backun makes Barrels and Bells for the C.

If I update the barrel and bell would this make a difference or is it better just to buy a used professional horn?

What problems are you experiencing with your Amati Kraslice clarinet? They are reputed to be a decent instrument by some who have actually played them.

More information on your issues will help us give you a useful response.

Thank you for correcting my spelling on the brand. I couldn't read it on my clarinet.I was looking to increase the quality of the tone. I am working with more advanced players (professionals) and just want to give my best sound. I find it hard when it comes with tuning. I never played on any other c clarinet. I am new in that regard. I have played clarinet since I was 9 years old. I had this clarinet since I was 13. I thought it was the horn but wanted to see if replacing barrel and bell would be a better option than paying $$$$.

Something as simple as a different cut of reed may fix your tone and intonation issues. Barrels can make improvements and can also change things in ways you don't like - and they can get expensive. Bells won't do much for intonation and very little for tone.

I'd start with different reeds, and then carefully look at mouthpieces which will work on C clarinets. With the barrel on my C I can play a stock Bb piece, but not all instruments are this way.

I'd probably be inclined to find the nearest university clarinet instructor and have them assess your current setup and ask for suggestions on how to proceed.

Seeing and hearing in person is so much easier than guessing based on words online.

When did we last have the horn professionally serviced?

Prior to that when did we have all the pads replaced? Do you know the brand?

Back
Top Bottom