Review of a Jinbao-made Sakkusu bass sax

Helen

Content Expert Saxophones
Staff member
Administrator
Last weekend I had the opportunity to finally play a short-wrap bass saxophone by Jinbao. It was a stencilled with the name Sakkusu, for sax.co.uk

Yesterday I published a in-depth and lengthy review about the horn, and also compared it to my personal bass: a Herb Couf Superba I from 1983. The Couf is of course also a stencil, but was made by Keilwerth.

If you are thinking of buying a new, Chinese bass sax, these Jinbao basses are--at least to the best of my knowledge--the only ones currently available. Before you order one of these horns, I hope you find this review helpful.

Yes, the article is long, so grab a coffee--or other beverage of your choosing :emoji_beer::emoji_cocktail::emoji_wine_glass: --and sit down and happy reading.

As always, comments always happily welcomed. :D :emoji_saxophone:

What an interesting and informative review. Thank you Helen, I've shared this to the following Facebook sites: Seattle Sax, Woodwind Forum, and my profile. BTW, my attempt to provide a reviewer's comment to your blog was blocked as spam.

If you are thinking of buying a new, Chinese bass sax, these Jinbao basses are--at least to the best of my knowledge--the only ones currently available. Before you order one of these horns, I hope you find this review helpful.
Do you mean, "Only bass sax available from China"? Several other companies make bass saxophones, like Selmer. You also mention the Selmer is currently producing basses in your article.

What an interesting and informative review. Thank you Helen, I've shared this to the following Facebook sites: Seattle Sax, Woodwind Forum, and my profile. BTW, my attempt to provide a reviewer's comment to your blog was blocked as spam.

Thanks Jim. Glad you liked it.

I checked my SPAM comments, and yours was not one of them. It must have been blocked before it even made it through. Mmmm.... wonder why? Weird...

If that happened to you, I wonder how many other people this happens to? Time to take a look at my SPAM filters and see what I need to tweak. I have had to install A LOT due to the traffic I get, since the volume of SPAM I got was itd_3d_ani_w60_smiles_065.gif

She said "new Chinese bass sax". That's pretty specific. Selmer would be outside of that Venn diagram.

I suspect Pete is having serious headaches. I am giving him a pass. :emoji_hugging:

Poor reading comprehension by me. Sorry about that.

Yah. Head hasn't been good for a few days. If I still have a problem tomorrow, it's going to be doctor time. Yay.

Back
Top Bottom