Section rehearsals

I agree with this. In the past, it used to be that older women using Estee brand perfumes (which all seemed to have an extreme floral scent, similar to that experienced next to the casket in an overheated funeral home environment) were the worst offenders.

I used to work in an office where an older gal (unknowingly) used too much of the stuff, and there was a "gray zone" around her where no one wanted to sit. She toned it down a lot when asked by the supervisor, and probably did not know that she was doing it in the first place, as she was a heavy smoker to boot.

However, as of late, it seems to be the young men who do this to extremes. I also have coached youth hockey, and I noted that the older kids ("midgets", for those who know the various classifications) who had discovered girls were wont to douse themselves with "after bath" concoctions that are every bit as strong as those prepared by Estee, only in "non-floral" form. Thankfully, by that point in the day, I was through with them.

When my own son started in on this phase, I had no end of arguments about the intensity of the stuff (and the amount that he was applying). In the end, we compromised by having him put it on in his car rather than in the house.

You should have told her you were wearing Creed.

It's really nice stuff but really expensive as cologne goes. I know there are even more expensive colognes out there but this one will give most people adequate sticker shock.

I will normally wear cologne to a concert that I'm playing in. The key is to use it sparingly.

You should have told her you were wearing Creed.

It's really nice stuff but really expensive as cologne goes. I know there are even more expensive colognes out there but this one will give most people adequate sticker shock.
Obviously that lady got a stinker shock. :cool:

I'm using Bowling Green or Grey Flannel, for what it's worth.

Whew, I don't think I'd even do it sparingly. There are potentially serious consequences, rare, but they are out there. I know of 2 very fine musicians who would be sent to the hospital if you sat next to them in performance with any scent on, regardless of its $$.

Not worth it.

If you need to mask something, consult a doctor.

It isn't an offensive odor issue, it is a respiratory issue
and not something to mess around with.

Last edited:
I still think it is fine as long as used minimally.

Back
Top Bottom