Selmer case latches

Carl H.

Distinguished Member
Distinguished Member
Are these available anywhere? I picked up a tenor/clarinet/flute case in pretty good shape, except for one latch.

I think it is the Samsonite type of latch - based on nothing.

I was told when seeking to repair my Selmer 1970's vintage bass clarinet case that the handle could be done but the latches to mate with my tabs (and vice versa) could not be done.

Try a luggage repair shop. If they have an account with Ohio Travel Bag, they can almost surely fix your case. Be prepared for a long wait. Good luggage repair shops with reasonable prices take up to 3 months.

On the other hand, some instrument repair shops also have an account with Ohio Travel Bag, and their service might be faster, especially if they are a Selmer dealer. Sometimes the local music store is the best place to go, despite the internet.

Yes, you can order directly from Ohio Travel bag, after you pay for the BIG catalog, and make the minimum order - usually not a good idea, financially.

I tried that - three times. Each time, they wanted to rebuild the latch system on the case, rather than getting the hinged portion (on which the spring has broken).

It may be that they were not willing to foot the bill to purchase the minimum needed to get the part. Whatever the reason, it's only a minor nuisance at this point (as opposed to the broken handle, which was a real problem).

Back
Top Bottom