So, Music and What else?

Have you already started classes? where in the Caribbean are you? If you can get in touch with any of the cave divers for your Open Water you'll be MUCH better off in the long run. Oh, and don't buy any gear from a dive shop... Feel free to PM or email me with any questions, I'm a tech diver and open water instructor, not affiliated with a dive shop, so my opinions aren't swayed by my pay check.

Nope I haven't started classes yet. I have to finish up to chapter 3 in the book before I can even do my 1st pool dive. We don't have classes per say. Our dive instructor goes through it individually with us because we are crew and we can only attend the classes if there is space.

Today, I'm in Montego Bay, Jamaica. Yesterday I was in Haiti ... the day after next I'll be in Ft Lauderdale. Basically I'm doing the western and eastern Caribbean right now. (and I spent the last two months before this doing the western and eastern Mediterranean.)

One of my good friends on board is the dive instructor and I'm also doing some of my certification with my cousin's best friend in Grand Cayman so I know they'll take care of me, but it's great to know I have another resource to draw from if needed!

didn't know you were cruise shipping it up. ya the recreational gear is a bunch of junk, the jacket bc's are absolutely terrible... but ya if you need any advice on gear and what not or any diving just lt me know

Well, let's see. My hobbies include flying airplanes (generally vintage/warbirds) on slow weekends as a student pilot (never bothered to get a license, not enough time), studying a little bit of everything (I really do learn something new every day), mostly different branches of science, and if relaxation is a hobby, then I'm great at that. :emoji_relaxed:
I don't like to swamp myself with too much "stuff" if you know what I mean. I'd list the rest of my hobbies but most of them are extremely girlish, like natural hair care, dresses, and very frilly Victorian fashion. And corsets! Did I mention corsets?

... I know at least one other person on this forum that'd say, "Vintage warbirds? Will you be my friend?"

That just sounds more interesting to me. Hey, what vintage? Are you talking WWI-esque or WWII? Original planes or reconstructions?

Speaking of corsets, tho, doesn't that make playing horns a tad difficult? I know it was done; I've seen some of the early-1900s pics of women saxophonists. I also know that corsets tend to rearrange your internal organs. Can't imagine that'd be conducive to any playing style ....

Okay, alright. It looks like I have some new friends then. Haha.
Regarding the warbirds, a little bit of everything. I got an opportunity to fly a fully restored original Ryan PT-22 several years ago, and frequently go up in a couple restored PT-17 Stearmans. I also ended up in a P-51C a few months ago, aerobatics over Chicago. It was the most amazing experience ever, it's a dual control mustang (the only one I guess) so I got to do a little bit of the flying as usual.
I fly with airshow performers (not in the actual show) every once in a while so I know my stuff when it comes to aerobatics.
I did fly a T-6 once, which was neat, but nothing compared to the mustang which was as close to a military jet as I've ever gotten to fly.
Mainly original WWII planes are what I gravitate towards, I don't think I've ever been in a replica of any sorts, at least not off the top of my memory.
I took glider lessons for a while, I could solo and get a license any time I wanted for those, I've had the full course, but I don't have the time right now.
And as far as the corsets go, if you get a well fitting, custom, hand made garment, it'll squeeze only your waist and not really thrust your internal organs around - as we corset enthusiasts always say, if you can't breath easy and you feel nauseated, your corset doesn't fit. :)
Now that I'm done bragging about my aviation experience, everyone can carry on with their lives. hehe

... as far as the corsets go, if you get a well fitting, custom, hand made garment, it'll squeeze only your waist and not really thrust your internal organs around - as we corset enthusiasts always say, if you can't breath easy and you feel nauseated, your corset doesn't fit.
Corsets. I knew there was a reason I friended you. ;)

Back
Top Bottom