SOTW and DB Errors

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pete, Jan 21, 2018.

1. pete

pete Brassica Oleracea Staff Member Administrator

First, I saw a thread that sort-of implies that I'm still an SOTW admin. Nope. Not for over 10 years.

Second, I received a ping today on the Yanagisawa thread that I follow on SOTW. Their login page gives me a database error each time I try to log in.

I'm currently having some problems with my e-mail and can't get all my archived addresses, so if anyone happens to have one of the actual SOTW admins' e-mail addresses, please give them a shout about the login database error.

Why am I talking about SOTW problems on the WF? Well, I'm just a really nice guy. However, we might now be the #1 English language saxophone forum ...

Tags:
  2. Gandalfe

Gandalfe Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Done.

TrueTone and pete like this.
  3. saxhound

saxhound Moderator Staff Member CE/Moderator

TrueTone and Gandalfe like this.
  4. pete

I keep telling folks that I'm available to help. My standard rate is $9700/hr. One hour minimum.

Thanks for getting that out, Jim.

I did like you implied, saxhound, and tried to register another account. I got to "Verification" and it was blank. Nothing else I could do. *Shrug*

5. Gandalfe

I signed on today, for the first time this year (and in months actually). Worked fine, so methinks this is a rather random problem which makes it even worse to troubleshoot.

6. pete

Well, I got the e-mail from saxismyaxe that he got my account straightened out. I then got the "your new password is ..." e-mail. Tried. Worked! Ok, so let's now change my password. Fail. DB error.

In any event, while I'm not able to get in today, it does look like the DB errors are gone, so someone might have performed percussive maintenance on the server (i.e. smacked it really hard with a mallet).

Oh. One other thing. Let's take the volume up to 11 (see pic) ...

Screenshot_1.png

7. Gandalfe

Yeah, Michael (aka saxismyaxe) is good people. He now has to work through an IT team, so there's that.