Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Taragot repadded - sound sample

New thumbrest

Made from 1/64" brass plate, purchased in a hobby store. Plated with Criswell plating kit.

Old holes were filled with CA glue and ebony dust.

The new thumbrest won't budge. And unlike the original manufacturer, I didn't drill through the entire wall - the walls are 7mm thick in that area, and I made the new holes 4.5mm.

IMAG0110.jpg

IMAG0112.jpg

IMAG0113.jpg

IMAG0114.jpg

IMAG0121.jpg

Very ingenious how you fabricated that new thumbrest. I had to smile when you said you didn't go all the way through the body attaching it like the manufacturer did. :)

I also liked the song you used to demonstrate the sound. I used to play in a dance band that did lots of those types of country tunes. A friend who is a counselor once said that "I Fall To Pieces" is the perfect definition of a co-dependent relationship. :)

Have you ever posted a complete picture of your taragoto? If not I would like to see the keywork to compare with mine.

Nice work, one suggestion - recess the screw heads, they look as if they're going to become uncomfortable after playing for a while.

Nice work, one suggestion - recess the screw heads, they look as if they're going to become uncomfortable after playing for a while.

originally i was going to do that, but then i realized that with the 2 screws on the sides, nothing is in the way of the thumb. and i was right.

i might still do it for aesthetic reasons.

thanks.
george

Very ingenious how you fabricated that new thumbrest. I had to smile when you said you didn't go all the way through the body attaching it like the manufacturer did. :)

I also liked the song you used to demonstrate the sound. I used to play in a dance band that did lots of those types of country tunes. A friend who is a counselor once said that "I Fall To Pieces" is the perfect definition of a co-dependent relationship. :)

Have you ever posted a complete picture of your taragoto? If not I would like to see the keywork to compare with mine.

Thanks John. I'll get a full frontal photo in the next few days.

Basically I just plated everything that was yellow, and left all other keys alone.

George

Back
Top Bottom