V12's - All I Can Say is WOW!

Just had to take a moment to jump up and down and scream like a little girl! I just received a box of Vandoren V12 Bb clar reeds... oh my goodness! The sound is so pure, dark, clear! The response is awesome - my articulation is right on, and I have great control in all the registers, particularly those little high notes that previously made my dog cringe, now she came and sat by me while I was playing :wink:

Enjoy them. I've played them and they are nice. I also enjoy Mitchell Lurie's.

Love the V12s, played them pretty much exclusively from the last year of college until (dirty little secret) switched to Legere about 5 years ago. Love those, too.

I used to take the traditionals and cut the tip a bit then file a bit in a few places to make it more playable. I've also filed down 5s to get them the way I want them. But since the V12s came out I haven't done that. I still have about 6 Traditionals to use up.

I also play Legeres but for play testing clarinets - during repair and the tweaking process which requires an "instant on" reed.

Glad you like them!
I've been having a good time with the 56 rue lepics, if you have a chance give those a try, they're incredibly smooth and consistent. Different from the V12s for sure, but an interesting change.

Steve, I used to file down intentionally purchased thick reeds too "back in the day", and found the traditionals to be a perfect candidate. I still have a few that I turned in to my "lucky 3.5s" and they still work.

Back
Top Bottom