Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

What did you practice today?

My way is fairly clunky, but I am a cheapskate when it comes to software.

I would scan to notation using SmartScore X Midi (but this cheap version doesn't transpose - but it will save as a midi file.

I then open the midi file in MidiIllustrator, which does allow to change the key sig, then print.

Chris

Honesty is the next best thing to innocence.
I took a day off. *cues theme music from Psycho*
Seriously though, sometimes it's just not healthy for me to push myself. I've been about as drowsy as my 13+ year old cat after a meal all day, and the last thing I need is excess pressure in my head and the sound of the altissimo G.
I need to just quit my whining and go to sleep. :geezer1:

I practicially memorize the piece because I need to practice it until I can't get it wrong. Usually that works.
I remember, when I was a wee lad, growing up in the Highlands of ... well, upstate New York, I was amazed at how people could play things that had so many black dots on the page and the tempo was something like, "Quarter note = 260." I asked one of the folks I saw doing that. The answer, "I memorize it."

Another miserable day off for me. I'm posting this little novel to humor myself. :)

Given the fact that I've had back to back minor health issues for the past two months, I've lost a lot of days, but not a lot of tone. Luckily, I've been working hard enough for long enough that I've reached that "click" point where it just takes a couple minutes to get everything back after a couple days off.
I don't play through physical pain that could be aggravated by playing, I only play through minor things like stomach upset or a little tiredness. Never fatigue or moderate issues.
If the horn doesn't make it worse or cause further issues, I play.
I'm very health conscious and because I'm not a real professional player (just a relatively knowledgeable and dedicated amateur) I don't have to yet worry too much.
I still feel crummy when I can't play though, I get separation anxiety when I can't practice. Not so much guilt, just that awful feeling.

Back
Top Bottom