Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Yay, Me!

pete

Brassica Oleracea
Staff member
Administrator
After 21 years, four colleges, three different majors (Music, English and IT/Computer Science) and approximately 190 credit hours, today is my last day of college -- and I've already passed: I've got my cumulative grade from Week 4 of 5 and my overall score is passing.

Bachelors of Science, Information Technology. (I should have the additional appellation "Gradu[ate] with Honors", but that's dependent upon my final grade in this class.)

Phe@r my 1337 IT skillz.

Actual diploma in about 8 weeks.

Just wanted to share.

After 21 years, four colleges, three different majors (Music, English and IT/Computer Science) and approximately 190 credit hours, today is my last day of college -- and I've already passed: I've got my cumulative grade from Week 4 of 5 and my overall score is passing.

Bachelors of Science, Information Technology. (I should have the additional appellation "Gradu[ate] with Honors", but that's dependent upon my final grade in this class.)

Phe@r my 1337 IT skillz.

Actual diploma in about 8 weeks.

Just wanted to share.

Kewl, a comrade. :) Congratulations!

(No BS degree, just a humble MCSE from 1998 and formal IBM System Engineer's education)

Kewl, a comrade. :) Congratulations!

(No BS degree, just a humble MCSE from 1998 and formal IBM System Engineer's education)
Would it amuse you to know that I did use quotes fro The Communist Manifesto in this last class?

I've been a computer tech for almost 25 years. I have a bunch of certs, including an MCSE. I just never finished my BS.

And SOTSDO, I can do much, much worse than "1337" :emoji_relaxed:

Congrats!

Congratulations Pete! I am happy for you.

I am guessing you were teaching the teachers on how to make a web-site.

@ steen: Direct quote from this current class' instructor, in the past hour, on me posting something he forgot to do: "Thanks Peter! Always one step ahead :)"

When I had to take the HTML/WebDesign class, I did ask, "If I've created a website that's had over a million hits and I sold it for a decent amount -- and I've helped set up several others, including a couple for Fortune 50 companies -- do I still need to take this class?"

The answer was, "Yes". (The company websites I set up were Intranets. I don't consider myself a web programmer. And DreamWeaver can make just about anyone a web monkey.)

The one real problem with the courses I took was that I generally did know more than the instructors and/or had more experience. The other classes, such as the one I'm currently taking, had large flashes of the blindingly obvious: "If your product is poorly designed, people won't buy it." Ya think?

@ groove: It was very, very hard to get my current job, but I'm glad I've got it and retained it for over 6 years -- and hopefully for much, much longer. However, I've been after Gandalfe to tell Steve Ballmer that he needs to hire me. [Mode=BrownNoser] I really, really like Windows 7, too. [/mode] (Really. I do. It's kewl. I can't wait until we get some retail activation keys where I work. I've been testing it since the beta.)

@ Carl H: Hmmm. "BS Admin". With broccoli. Well, it does have a good deal of fiber ....

Thank you , all!

They lobbied me hard at my college to get into their Master's Degree program. I said something like, "Not only NO, but HELL NO!"

:emoji_relaxed:

Actually, I explained that my wife was going to finish her Master's next. They asked, "What subject?" I responded, "MDiv. You don't have that program."

I plan on next getting a couple more certifications, probably Windows 7 (when it's available) and Server 2008.

Congrats Pete. I have a Masters in Computer Science and you've forgotten more about computers and the Internet than I've ever known. And of course, the work ethic and history are more important now a days. For you the old SaxPic site would be an example of both your work ethic and skills.

Did y'all realize that mentioning my time admin time at SOTW (almost 4 years ago) was very impressive to the people who interviewed me and instrumental in getting me into this job. I immediately wrote Harri and thanked him for giving me the opportunity to hone my skills on his forum. :cool:

Last edited:
Congratulations Pete! Go on with your bad self and keep on steppin' brother. I went through Harvard and spent time at Yale. Of course meaning that I went in the front door and straight out the back. And of course we're talking about Yale lock and key. Nyuk nyuk nyuk nyuk.

But seriously man..... Well done!

Julian

Lo and behold, after almost two months, my actual diploma arrived yesterday. It's shiny. And everything's spelled right.

Yes, I had to wait two months for the diploma. *SIGH*

I actually enjoyed the paper chase for a Master degree. Fun stuff. :cool:

No one should be afraid to start a master degree program. You can define it yourself and it's usually in a field of endeavor you enjoy.

Last edited:
Sorry. Your Cardinals sponsor, The University of Phoenix.

University of Phoenix, cool, but I guess that means they didn't have a Jazz Band, or a pep band at that.

Either way, congrats on the completion of your degree, I'm almost there myself.

Thanks, ac. Good luck to you, too!

BTB, I would never, evar recommend UoP to anyone for anything. Even if someone else is paying for it (my employer paid for around 60-70%). I've got a load of extremely good reasons, which I won't get into here, but if you'd like to know my saga, feel free to e-mail me or PM me.

Back
Top Bottom