Yes, I'm Officially a Grandfather

pete

Brassica Oleracea
Staff member
Administrator
Grandson. 8lb 13oz. Green eyes. "Curly" brown hair.

I actually can't go to visit, today. I have strep. Gotta wait for 24 hours after the antibiotic.

Gotta run!

Congratulations!!

Get better quick!!

Congratulations! That's wonderful... I recently fell ill to a similar virus, and must send you my get well wishes in knowing the suffering strep creates. Hang in there!

Ah, you can look forward to some fun in about a year. Nothing keeps you as young -- and exhausted -- as baby sitting an aspiring house ape. They can forgo their naps much easier than their grandparents can.

You'll love it!

Grandkids are awesome. I have seven. You can play with them, give them sweets and then send them home. When they are young buy them the loudest musical toys you can find. Their parents will appreciate your interest in their cultural development.

The reason grandkids and grandparents get along so well---they have a common enemy. :)

Congratulations Pete.

Thanks, all!

A pic my wife took is attached. I'll be visiting them in hospital tomorrow, before they go home.

I've got two kids: both had brown eyes at birth. My oldest niece, who's the only one that lived near me at birth, had and has blue eyes. All the other babies that are 6mo or younger were also blue or brown eyes. Green will be interesting. If he ever opens his eyes, that is.

Congrats Pete! Now will he be interested in music I wonder? Time will tell if he inherited the music gene.

Since I'm still not 100%, I called the hospital, instead. I talked with my daughter and the plan is that they're still going home today. I now plan to visit tomorrow.

Musical gene:
My mom couldn't carry a tune in a bucket. My father played one thing on piano and that's it. My sister, grandfather (mom's side), my ex-wife and I are the only musicians in the family. My youngest daughter did OK with piano lessons and will be taking violin lessons.

The only thing I really want to instill in my kids is a respect/appreciation for music. I'd definitely support them in becoming active musicians, but I wouldn't require that.

Personally, I think I would have heartily enjoyed my piano lessons if I wasn't forced to go.

Thanks, Ed.

I did get to hang out with daughter and grandson earlier last week. Both are doing OK. This week, my youngest and wife sound like they belong in a TB ward, so I was not allowed to go over. (Youngest and wife are doing progressively better, too.)

The "curly" hair was ... overstated ... by the person that conveyed the info to me. I'd say "slightly wavy," instead.

Back
Top Bottom