Yet another kooky doubling gig...

sounds like a party and a half there Merlin. I just found out that the lead alto in my big band can't play Bb clarinet or flute/picc well enough for the jazz director's liking. To boot, I have to play Trombone II in the lower big band. Joint concert.
Band II-Trombone
Band I-Bari/Alto, Bb/Bass clarinets, Flute/picc
Luckily the groups are mixed, bone before intermission, hell after. Will be one wild night.

sounds like a party and a half there Merlin. I just found out that the lead alto in my big band can't play Bb clarinet or flute/picc well enough for the jazz director's liking. To boot, I have to play Trombone II in the lower big band. Joint concert.
Band II-Trombone
Band I-Bari/Alto, Bb/Bass clarinets, Flute/picc
Luckily the groups are mixed, bone before intermission, hell after. Will be one wild night.
Good doublers are always in demand.

blat

I played a concert last year doubling on heckelphone, contrabass sarrusophone, and Eb contra clarinet...

Sax player gets his first call as a leader - for a duo.

Naturally, he hires a bass player.

He calls his favorite bass player and books the gig, and tells him. "Wear a tux. I'll wear a white coat, because I'm the leader."

The night of the job, after a few tunes, the sax player tells the bass player, "Keep playing. I'll walk around and see how it sounds." And so he does.

When he returns to the bandstand, the sax player says to the bass player, "The bass is too loud."

Ka-boom, ching.

Back
Top Bottom