SeaWind Music
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Faces to best friends

Thanks

Here is Lizzy again.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

Is she celebrating your birthday or hers? That's the question.

Thanks

She is celebrating our new Photoshop skills

Thanks

My animal update.

On Halloween, I generally lock myself and all the animals in the house. This is because a) I don't feel like buying candy for the 20 year olds that come to my house and b) none of the animals particularly care for all the people coming around. Anyhow, the animals were remarkably calm all evening. So, I think we're going to try to get the Little Doggie some training and see how he responds to that. I also still have to train my daughter to be a bit more responsible. Hmm. The backyard hasn't been picked up in a bit ....

Yes, I'm the Artist Formerly Known as Saxpics.

Check out my photoblog! Updated on September 7, 2014: Yanagisawa (a work in progress).

Thanks

That's pretty much our experience with All Hallowed Saints Eve over the past thirty years. When my wife taught first grade in a small town in IL, the kids that came by were a) current or former students, and b) well behaved in the spirit of the original secular version of the holiday. However, down here there are more than a few twenty-somethings that roam the neighborhoods, usually without any attempt at costuming. They also dart out from behind parked cars in the almost obligatory dark clothing that they all wear. Finally, there is a huge influx of kids in the teens and twenties from "inside the Loop", here only to scarf up free candy from the well-to-do folks.

So, one night a year, the day/night lighting switch gets uncovered and thrown to off, then we climb into the car and go have a leisurely meal somewhere (where the place is usually filled with other couples, presumably doing the same thing.

By 9:00 PM it's all over save the occasional misguided teenager. Another year out of the way.

Thanks

Yah. That's almost exactly what happens.

My 11-year-old has some friends that live in a well-to-do, gated, community. She and her friends do the Halloween thing out there. My wife stayed home with me, this year. She hurt her knee about two weeks ago and can only walk when sufficiently drugged. Fortunately, said friend's sister is also a babysitter we've used before.

I live in a more rough section of town. I've gotten letters from the city informing us of at least a half-dozen sex offenders that live in a two-mile radius. We've had a lot of problems with unleashed, very large dogs. And there was that incident a few years ago when someone locked himself in my laundry room (the room is attached to my house, but you have to go outside to get to it). Oh. The SWAT teams and such, too. It all adds up to, "I don't particularly want to open the door for anyone."

Check out my photoblog! Updated on September 7, 2014: Yanagisawa (a work in progress).

Thanks

8. The Following User Says Thank You to wanabe For This Useful Post:

pete (11-10-2014)

Thanks

Thanks for that delightful photo. I haven't laughed like that in a long time.

Thanks

My wife is positive that during the two weeks we call "winter" out here, we'll see the 50lb dog with the 15lb dog lying next to him and the cat on top of the 50lb dog. Hey, I saw them all lined up at the food and water dishes the other day, so it could happen.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information