Late Model Conn 10Ms

Helen

Content Expert Saxophones
Staff member
Administrator
Two years ago I got a late model (1965) 10M that was in need of a restoration. Today I finally got around to getting it in at World Wide Sax. Steve has it scheduled to be worked on the last week of October.

I was curious if anyone out here is playing one of these close-to-the-end Conns.

I also have a late model 6M that I am very happy with, so when this tenor comes back, I don't doubt I'll be pleased with it as well. It seems to me that these late models are highly undervalued. I believe they seem to suffer a bit of discrimination because of their engraving...Shooting stars and all...

I have a 1967 silver plate 10M that is one of the best of the bunch among my Conns. I've written at length about it elsewhere so I'll spare everyone. Suffice to say, it is a great value for money purchase.

I have a 1967 silver plate 10M that is one of the best of the bunch among my Conns. I've written at length about it elsewhere so I'll spare everyone. Suffice to say, it is a great value for money purchase.

I didn't realize that they were available in silver plate as well. I'd only ever seen them in the standard lacquered brass/nickle plated keys.

Does yours have the underslung octave key?

My '68 10M is a great horn too. It has the underslung octave key.
On another note, I will be receiving a mid 30's 6m this week. Courtesy of my brother in-law who stumbled across it this last weekend at a yard sale. He saw it on Saturday, and called me Sunday. He said he didn't know what is was, but it was old. He knows nothing about musical instruments. I told him to get his butt over there to see if it was still there. Hard to believe no one bought it on Saturday, and half way through Sunday. I've had several Conn alto's, but never a 6m. Can't wait to see it ! He paid a whopping $75.00 . =)

Two years ago I got a late model (1965) 10M that was in need of a restoration. Today I finally got around to getting it in at World Wide Sax. Steve has it scheduled to be worked on the last week of October.

I was curious if anyone out here is playing one of these close-to-the-end Conns.

I also have a late model 6M that I am very happy with, so when this tenor comes back, I don't doubt I'll be pleased with it as well. It seems to me that these late models are highly undervalued. I believe they seem to suffer a bit of discrimination because of their engraving...Shooting stars and all...
I haven't played one, but I had an acquaintance that owned one. Good sounding.

Nice 10M saxismyaxe. Looks to be in mint shape. Mine's a real beater by comparison.
You know, I am lucky that he found that great deal on the 6M. We'll see how great
a deal it is when I get a good look at it. It even comes with a Brilhart mpc.
I was hoping it'd show up today, but not so ! =(

Mine's a real beater by comparison.

I'll see your beater, & raise you a train wreak! I was almost embarassed to let Jim look at it. I think his exact words were something along the lines of: "It's so ugly, it's cool"...Now that's ugly...

As long as it doesn't play ugly, it IS cool !
cool.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom